Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copiling Error with cRIO / 9211

I'm getting the following error-message then I compile my VI:

ERROR:HDLParsers:3312 - "C:/NIFPGA82/srvrTmp/LOCALH~1/TEST_9~1/toplevel_gen.vhd" Line 1281. Undefined symbol 'GSR'.
ERROR:HDLParsers:1209 - "C:/NIFPGA82/srvrTmp/LOCALH~1/TEST_9~1/toplevel_gen.vhd" Line 1281. GSR: Undefined symbol (last report in this block)
ERROR:HDLParsers:850 - "C:/NIFPGA82/srvrTmp/LOCALH~1/TEST_9~1/toplevel_gen.vhd" Line 1436. Formal port mRegisterAccess does not exist in Component 'rvi_test_9211_FPGA'.
-->
Total memory usage is 107968 kilobytes
Number of errors   :    3 (   0 filtered)
Number of warnings :    1 (   0 filtered)
Number of infos    :    0 (   0 filtered)
ERROR:Xflow - Program xst returned error code 6. Aborting flow execution...

I have attached a picture with the VI I'm using (it's one of LabViews example VIs). I'm using LabView 8.2.1 and a cRIO-9004 with a 9211 Module.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be very appreciated.

cheers
miko

Message Edited by kein on 08-08-2008 07:09 AM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,216 Views)
Hi!

Which version of NI-RIO are you using?
There was an problem with the NI-RIO 2.1 Version which generate such problems.

Try installing NI-RIO 2.1.3 or later and it should resolve the problem.

Best regards
Ken
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,185 Views)

Hello Ken,

thank you for your help. I installed NI-RIO 2.1.3, but I'm getting the same error as before:

ERROR:HDLParsers:3312 - "C:/NIFPGA82/srvrTmp/LOCALH~1/TEST_9~1/toplevel_gen.vhd" Line 1281. Undefined symbol 'GSR'.
ERROR:HDLParsers:1209 - "C:/NIFPGA82/srvrTmp/LOCALH~1/TEST_9~1/toplevel_gen.vhd" Line 1281. GSR: Undefined symbol (last report in this block)
ERROR:HDLParsers:850 - "C:/NIFPGA82/srvrTmp/LOCALH~1/TEST_9~1/toplevel_gen.vhd" Line 1436. Formal port mRegisterAccess does not exist in Component 'rvi_test_9211_FPGA'.
-->

Total memory usage is 107968 kilobytes

Number of errors   :    3 (   0 filtered)
Number of warnings :    1 (   0 filtered)
Number of infos    :    0 (   0 filtered)

ERROR:Xflow - Program xst returned error code 6. Aborting flow execution...

What else can I try?

Best regards

miko

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,175 Views)

Hi!

Does the compiler gives an error when you try to compile only a very simple program with only the while loop and one input of the modul (without Interrupt, without CJC, mutliple TCs and without the cluster)?

Does the compiler can compile a FPGA Program with only a while loop (without accessing the 9211)?

Regards
Ken

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,126 Views)

Hello!

Thank you for your last suggestion. It didn't compile a simple while loop, but with the help of the errormessage I was able to fix the problem.

The problem was that somehow the LabView RT Version on the host and the remote system were different.

When I save the vi for the right version everything works fine.

With kind regards

miko

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,110 Views)

Miko,

Can you elaborate on how you fixed this issue?  I don't think the compile failure you saw would be root caused to the remote machine having a different version of LV.  I'd like to find out if there is a bug R&D can take action on.

Thanks,

Basset Hound

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,106 Views)

Hi!

First I have to say that I'm just working a couple of days with cRIO, so I don't have too much experience with it and the whole configuration was done by my predecessor (not by me) which unfortuneatly I never met

In the picture you can see that the Labview Real Time versions are different (8.5 vs. 8.2) on my computer and the cRIO module.

So when I saved my vi I saved it for a previous Version (see picture).

Since then, I don't receive any compiling errors anymore.

with kind regards

miko

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,100 Views)