From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Embedded OS

Solved!
Go to solution

So my boss recently purchased a couple cDAQ-9132 embedded cDAQ chassis.  He meant to buy the ones with the Linux RT embedded OS but accidentally bought the ones with embedded Windows 7.  Now for this project I think we can get away with just having Windows on there and we will be moving forward.  But if the time comes that we realize we actually do want the embedded Linux RT OS, is there a path to change from one OS to the other?  I realize there is a license cost and we'd be willing to pay it but I didn't know if NI had a knowledge article or description on how to go from one OS to another and searching didn't find anything.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,345 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hooovahh

Hi Hooovahh,

The article Can I Change the Operating System of My cDAQ-913X? explains that changing the operating system is not a supported process and lists a few reasons for why this is the case.

If the purchase was recent enough, you can call the RMA team at 1-877-493-2406 to learn how to exchange your cDAQ for one with LinuxRT.

Mike B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,318 Views)