Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot build to cRIO without vx_exec.out

I can run the VI, but when im trying to build, it gives me error, source file not found.

Im using the SMB Trigger, using the vi from here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/173D82D2BFAAEA12862572D1006098B4?OpenDocument

I just need an on/off trigger..

Labview 8.5

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,484 Views)

Hello ,

Can you tell me more about what you are trying to do? Are you building a Source Distribution or a RealTime Application? For both of these you will need to add VI's to the Startup VI section. Or are you just trying to deploy and run the project? Do you have the hardware or are you simulating it?

Regards,

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,462 Views)

Regular deploy is working.

Build Startup is failing with the error..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,455 Views)

Hello,

Can you post a screen shot of your full error message? Does it indicate which VI in particular causes the error? We must track down the VI or SubVI that might be corrupt and try to rebuild it. If you post your code, I can run it here as well to help diagnose the source.

Regards,

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,443 Views)

Hello HaD,

vx_exec.out is present on the target so it doesn't need to be deployed which explains why it works in debug.  The application builder seems to be insisting that all referenced files be present.  

One thought is to try making the file available.  You can get vx_exec.out over ftp from the target,  ftp://<target_ip>/ni-rt/system.  Copy the file over and edit your call library function VI to point to the copy on your system.

Let me know how it goes,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,425 Views)

Thanks for replies,

I wont have the cRoi in the next weeks to try your solutions...

Thanks anyway..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,423 Views)