Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access a folder using FTP

This may be a networking problem. I would check that all ports are open using the Troubleshoot Remote Discovery Tool in MAX and specify port 22 in Filezilla to use sftp. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,736 Views)

I am having the same Problem on a cRIO-9030.

I have just migrated from LV2015 to LV2016 to LV2017

I suspect that the working and non-working directories were created using different tools (Windows Explorer, Silver light, Filezilla)

iTm - Senior Systems Engineer
uses: LABVIEW 2012 SP1 x86 on Windows 7 x64. cFP, cRIO, PXI-RT
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,664 Views)

Update,

The folders I was trying to access had more than 100 files in it.

I deleted the bulk of them and was then able to access both directories that were previously inaccessible.

iTm - Senior Systems Engineer
uses: LABVIEW 2012 SP1 x86 on Windows 7 x64. cFP, cRIO, PXI-RT
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,662 Views)

This doesn't really help me 😕

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(2,580 Views)

I don't think this is all of my issues, but certainly some of them can be attributed to the OpenG Create Dir if Non-Existant.  This VI does what is says, creating a directory if it doesn't exist.  But it also sets the folder permission by default to 755.  This has caused some of my issues in that deleting a file via FTP appears to delete it, until you refresh the directory list and see that the file is still there.  I think using this improved version which sets the permission to 777, and I think does things in a more efficient way.  For instance the OpenG VI was written before the Create Directory would create a directory in a directory if they don't exist.  You basically had to iterate over all directories one at a time where now it will make all the layers in one call.  I don't have access to the original test system that gave me issues in listing the files, but I think this might have been some of my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(2,421 Views)

How did you manage to delete the files in folders that were inaccessible?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(2,190 Views)

So for me I enabled SSH on the controller from MAX, and restarted it.  Then using Putty I SSH'ed into the controller using the IP address, and navigated to the folder that was giving me issues.  Then I issued the following two commands one after the other:

find . -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 0777
find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 0777

This sets all files in that folder to have permission 777, and then all folders.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(2,153 Views)

check out this link:

Error When Using FTP to Access cRIO Files

basically you will need to do this:

"

Edit the /etc/vsftpd.conf file by inserting the following setting:
seccomp_sandbox=NO

"

this applies if there are more than 32 files in the folder.  i had the same problem on two cRIO-9035 and the above link solved the issue.

-Joe

Message 18 of 19
(2,115 Views)

Thank you so very much, that explains why it was working and at some point just stopped.  This does make me think of another question for NI.  That knowledge article specifically mentioned Real-Time 2017 as being the version with this issue but they didn't mention if this effects 2018.  Since the article was posted in May 2018 I'd assume the fix didn't make it into LabVIEW 2018.  Also it mentions WebDav as an alternative but I swear that when I couldn't get these files via FTP I tried that and had a similar issue.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(2,108 Views)