Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the PFI 0 terminal on a cRIO be used as a simple software-timed digital output?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using a cRIO-9053 with all c-series modules in scan mode and need a simple software-timed digital output to use for an LED status indicator.  Since none of the modules contain a digital output, I am hoping to use the PFI 0 terminal on the cRIO chassis for this function.

I've made numerous attempts using DAQ-MX with no luck.  Is there any way to simply write a Boolean value to the cRIO PFI 0 terminal from the LabVIEW real-time programming side?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,018 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RSystems

I know the PFI terminal can be routed to the FPGA, so that can be a solution if you're using this hardware resource in the cRIO: Using PFI0 in the FPGA of the CompactRIO With DAQmx 

Moreover, the PFI goes through the DAQmx ASIC, so I presume a counter should be able to output a signal through there: How to Output a Digital Signal from a cDAQ PFI Chassis Terminal 

(Disclaimer: I have never tried this, and cannot ensure it will work, but it's worth a try).

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(955 Views)

Oscar,

Thank you for your reply.  We aren't using the FPGA as a resource in this application, but I was able to get it working using the example shown in How to Output a Digital Signal from a cDAQ PFI Chassis Terminal.

Thanks - much appreciated!

Al Rauch

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(916 Views)