Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get cRIO 9035 to work

Solved!
Go to solution

It does turn on, and comes up under "network settings" in MAX with USB. It also pops up "New device detected" from LabView with USB. However, it does not show up under "remote devices" in MAX, neither with USB or with ethernet cable. It works on other computers - what can I do?

If any more details are needed, please let me know.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,484 Views)

Hi jboganes2,

Have you made sure you're following the exact steps covered in: 

Connecting the cRIO-9035 to the Host Computer or Network Using Ethernet

Also check you have the correct software and drivers installed: NI-RIO Device Drivers February 2015 to Current, and LV RT, FPGA 2014 SP1 to Current

If niether of these work I'd suggest using the RESET button to troubleshoot network connectivity. Hold the RESET button for 5 second, release and repeat to boot the controller into safe mode, enable Console Out, and reset network adapters to default settings.

Let us know how it goes. 
Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,456 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ikmjb

I tried everything - it just would not connect automatically.

However, I did fix it by manually adding everything - booting the cRIO with the mini-DP cable, typing "ip addr show" in the unix terminal, and adding the cRIO9035 to MAX with that same IP. This worked. In LabView I also had to add all of the modules manually. Quite easy if you know what modules you are working with, but a hassle indeed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,451 Views)