cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add FPGA target in project

Solved!
Go to solution

I've installed labview 2010 with FPGA en Real-Time

In MAX under hardware I see RIO0 under RIO Devices.

I've also installed NI-RIO3.0, this I can see in MAX.

When I try to add my PCI-7831R FPGA target in my project I can't see any FPGA targets.

How can I add my PCI-7831R to my project?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,413 Views)

Hi,

did you install DAQmx drivers / NI driver disc?

NI-RIO won't help as it's the realtime OS running on cRIO devices. Unless you're trying to run NI-RIO as OS on your PC, and I doubt this would work.

MAX should tell you the exact name of the device, not just "RIO0"

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Simo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,398 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sambuls

LabVIEW FPGA and Real-Time 2010 require NI-RIO 3.5.1.  NI-RIO 3.0 will not have the correct LabVIEW support to create targets in the project even though the FPGA will be detected in MAX.  You can install NI-RIO 3.5.1 from http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2144/lang/en.

Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,395 Views)

I downloaded and installed NI-RIO3.5.1 and now I can create an FPGA project.

When I try to compile a program for the FPGA it complains about not having the Labview FPGA compilation tool.

It should be on the FPGA installation disk, but I can't find the compilation tool.

I only can install 'NI LabVIEW 2010 FPGA Module' and 'NI-RIO'

Where can I find the installation source for FPGA compilation tool?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,371 Views)

Are you installing from the LabVIEW 2010 Platform DVD or individual installation discs for each module you are installing?

Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,368 Views)

I have the individual installation discs for each module. Are you suggesting that I should get the LabVIEW 2010 Platform DVD?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,356 Views)

There should be installation discs with the compilation tools, but if you do not have them, you can download the correct tools from https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/evaltlktembdes/content.xhtml.  If your board is an NI-781x or 783x, you will need the compilation tools for Virtex-II targets.  For any other targets, you will need the compilation tools for targets other than Virtex-II.

Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,316 Views)

Hi, please i have the same probléme with labview 2015

i installed fpga module15  NI-RIO15  but the same problée its ok in MAX but idon't find FPGA target !!??

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,646 Views)