From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access CompactFlash via FTP on cFP-2220 with RT 8.6.1

YES, SP1means both LV and LV RT and I would think it is odd if you have SP1 for LV and not for your RT module.

To bad it seems not to work for some CF cards. The patch enables DMA support for CF cards with more then 256 MB and the question is why some cards do not work still?

For the model that NI sells I will look into it. I keep you posted.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 58
(802 Views)

Got everything working. Thanks again guys, now my fieldtrial units can log data for years Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 58
(786 Views)

Hi DirkW !

I just saw the Readme file for the LV2012 RT and it is not clear to me, if the CFlash access problem was corrected with LV2012 or not. Is it now possible (and tested) to insert a NI 4GB CFlash into a cFP-2120 controller ?

Regards,

Dimitri

BugFixLV2012RT.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 58
(756 Views)

Hey dfousek, 

It does look like the 2012 LabVIEW Real-Time module no longer has that issue. The corrective action report filed on the problem has been closed and validated. 

Note: If you plan to use FieldPoints with LabVIEW 2012 you'll need to upgrade your FieldPoint driver to 6.0.11 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 58
(747 Views)

Hello Zach-H !

I just downloaded the LV2012 (+RT + DevDrivers Aug2012) and tested my cFP-2120 modules with the  4GB NI-cards that I bought recently.

Unfortunately, they don't work !!  However, they work with other 4GB cards (Kingston, Transcend).

It seems that the patch given for LV2011sp1 was implemented in LV2012 as was.

You may see below my reply in this forum (05-03-2012 11:32 AM) where I did several test with various CF cards.

I believe that, since NI cards are inaccessible, this will make the debugging easier... (same epilogue as the last time!)

Kind regards,

Dimitri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks DirkW for your efforts to resolve this CF issue.

After applying the patch, I have good and bad news:

The good news is that the following CFlash cards, which were inaccessible before, in my cFP-2120 with RT v.11.0, now work fine:

- Kingston 4GB

- Transcend 1GB industrial

- FMJ 1GB industrial

The bad news is that (both) the recently bought NI 4GB cards are still inaccessible, as well as, the:

- SiliconDrive CF 4GB (SSD-C04GI-3500)

- NI Netlist 4GB (NLCF04GPAI-1NI)

I believe that, since NI cards are inaccessible, this will make the debugging easier...

Kind regards,

Dimitri

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 58
(734 Views)

I looked into that and ordered one of the cards we resell and indeed it didn't work with LV 2012 or older versions that had the patch and the 2120 controller. It seems the default cluster size for the FAT32 Format the vendor uses for this CF card is a size the 2120 controller can not handle. It works just fine with the 2220 controller type. I reformatted the Netlist CF card using an IDE CF card adapter to FAT32 Cluster size 32 KByte and from there it worked just fine.

Note: I had problems with a simple USB CF dock. Windows would always time out at the end and say it was not successful, so I used a IDE dock, which worked fine using WIN 7 Disk Management tools.

If you cannot get it to work with this workaround let me know

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 58
(700 Views)

Hi DirkW !!

Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate your solution... I tried to format my NI Netlist 4GB card using several cluster sizes (4KB, 16KB, 32KB) but none worked. I am really wondering why... since we have the same h/w.

The Kingston 4GB that works in LVRT2012 (but not before of it) uses 4KB cluster size.

The Transcend 4GB (that works with every (!) LV-RT version since 8.5), as far as I remember, uses the same one (I cannot check it is on a meas.site..).

In contrary to you, I didn't have problems to format the cards using an (internal) USB card reader and Win7. It always finished the format correctly...

I appreciate your patience & help,

Dimitri

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 58
(689 Views)

The format worked just fine when I did the "Quick" format but it somehow timed out when I tried the complex format process with USB to CF adapters.

I figured you have to do the complex format at least one time with a smaller cluster size in order to get it rcognized by the 2120 controller.

I go ahead and do more tests.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 58
(683 Views)