Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i change module configuration i.e current to voltage using universal cRIO 9219 module

hi

Can i change module configuration i.e current to voltage using universal cRIO 9219 module.

if not then why?

regards

mazhar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,131 Views)
Universal cRIO 9219 module can be configured to acquire different variables like voltage current and resistances. This requires one to configure the module by editing c Series module properties in project file. Is it possible to do the configuration at runtime? i.e can one during acquisition modify channel type from say voltage to current ?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(5,130 Views)
Unfortunatly you cannot change the input mode for a channel on a 9219 at runtime. The modes are set in the module properties which can only be changed in the LabVIEW project. You can configure each cahnnel seperately so you can use different channels to meaure each type of signal. Check out the shipping example called NI 9219 Getting Started.lvproj in the example finder for a good example of how to do this.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(5,104 Views)

If you're using the module in scan mode, I believe you can change the properties at runtime using a property node with a reference to the module. This code could be called in the Real-Time VI.

range.png 

This won't work if you're programming the module directly from the FPGA as Hueter stated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(5,094 Views)

thanx Hueter for your time and interest i have checked that example.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(5,081 Views)

Thanx GererdoG 

but i have LabVIEW 8.6.1 and cant check the following code or is it possible in 8.6.1?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(5,080 Views)

The programatic configuration API was introduced in LV2009, so you will not be able to access it from 8.6.1.

Additionally, it is not possible to change the mode of the 9219 at runtime.  Only the range for the deployed mode can be changed.  The screenshot posted implies that mode changes are possible, but in fact you will get an error from the property node if you attempt to change the mode.  Changing from current to voltage is a mode change, and is not permitted.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Sebastian

Message 7 of 16
(5,066 Views)

Tank you speleato

right now i have no more question if i have any more question i will ask

thanx for ur intrest

mazhar

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(5,059 Views)

Thanks for clearing that up speleato and sorry about my misleading post.

Gerardo 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(5,052 Views)

Hi Speleato,

Jus seen ur post regarding the changing the mode in Crio 9219 module.

I want to change the mode programmaticaly, im ok with rebooting the system after the mode change. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Nanda 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,886 Views)