Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNC program in CRio malfunctioning

Hello there, 

I'm a maintenance engineer in a factory and I'm newbie to LabVIEW and CRio. My problem started suddenly without any prior problems or anything odd, my CNC winder machine which has a mandrel and a trolley to make the pipe fibers started to mess up the angles and ruin the pipe eventually. The problem seemed to be " false synchronisation" between the mandrel and the trolley. Fortunately I have another machine which works just fine and I compared all the motor drivers parameters (around 900 parameters) but everything was fine even when i changed important parameters nothing happened. I checked the encoders and the mechanics and everything was good I changed cables and wires and also no result.

Knowing that everything else is working like it should be, my questions to you professional guys are :

What is the percentage that the problem is in the CRio program?

Is it possible that if I change it the machine would work ?

Also, can I take a look on the program and modify it or correct it ? And does plugging it to my computer erases the program?"

I am asking just to know if I should look into it or consontrate on other parts. 

Best regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(571 Views)

What is the percentage that the problem is in the CRio program?

Literally, none, because the software doesn't get corrupted, if so, it either works or completely doesn't work (assuming that the program was written very robustly).

You cannot easily erase the program on cRIO, there is a special procedure. The real issue could be some of the modules is malfunctioning occasionally or failing partially.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(545 Views)