Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN-Bus on sbRIO 9637

Hello Everybody,

i'm trying to use the CAN-Bus with a sbRIO 9637.

From what I understand, i have to use the "NI-Embedded CAN for RIO"-Driver (https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8hdSAC&l=de-DE ). The Driver (Version 18.0.0) ist installed successfully. 
As a start, to get familiar with the interface,  i tried to use the examples of NI: "NI-Embedded CAN for RIO.lvproj"-> "CAN Frame Input Output-single port.vi". The vi excecutes on the sbrio 9637, the CAN-Port can be opened, it seems everything is working as desired (no Error Messages, just a timeout warning of the "CANread.vi" - this was expected, because the other CAN-nodes are "slaves" and don't send a message).

But when i try to write somethong on the bus, nothing happens (i don't  recieve anything on the other nodes of the CAN-bus). When i try again and again to send a message, after about 60 attemps,  the "CANWrite.vi" throws a Error -35007 "The transmission queue is full. ...." an the vi stops.

To find out what went wrong, i added two "CANWait.vi's" (see screenshot) at the beginning - to check whether the start-procedure is working - and after the write attempt. As result, i always get "Warning  35024" when the timeout-intervall of the CANWait.vi is set to zero. If i set the timeout-intervall to 20seconds (or even more, 50, 100, 200 seconds), the vi throws Error -52007 "The requested operation did not complete in time" and the vi stops.

I've been tried to find a solution for many hours, but without any success - Does anybody have a suggestion what may be the reason for this behaviour?

All help is welcome, many thanks for your support!

Kon

I'm using LabView & LV RT ver. 17.0, the software and driver versions on the sbrio can be seen in the screenshot (of MAX) below.

Kon_0-1582281988288.png 

Kon_1-1582282366454.png

Kon_2-1582282673601.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,626 Views)

Hello Kon,

Have you tried to loop-back?

Non modified example doesn't work?

(2,470 Views)

Hi Kon,

Have you ever find a solution to this issue? I am stuck for the same issue

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,531 Views)

Hi!

have you ever resolved this problem?

i’ve the same issue and I don’t have ideas about how to solve it..

please, answer me..!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,302 Views)