From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bronkhorst dll library

Hello,

I'm trying to use MATLAB to communicatre and control Bronkhorst EL-FLOW Select series. ASCII can be generated by MATLAB and that's something interesting for me. It is possible to use FlowDDE channels for windows application (like excel, LabVIEW, Visual Basic,..). For a lower communication level, FLOWB32.DLL enables reading and changing parameters. Also Bronkhorst provides a special protocol for communication between the devices when operating a FLOW-BUS that'd drive the interfaces directly. RS232 or the FLOW-BUS interface can be initialized through ASCII strings. I'm trying to learn how to establish this with just MATLAB. Is there a publicly accessible dll library or a list of the functions and the parameters they accept or return with regard to my concer here? And also is there another better approach to my interest that I'm not aware of? I'm using Bronkhorst for the first time and I'm looking for inspiration to accomplish this. Any advise is much appreciated. Thanks 🙂 

Regards,

Ram.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,290 Views)

Hi!

Where is the NI Hardware or the NI Software is in all of this? You wrote that you want to use Matlab only: in that case you would have to address the manufacturer of Matlab...

Regards

René

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,259 Views)

Bronkhorst has a good Labiew library, no need to write it yourself. Before the library existed a collegue of mine wrote his own version in Labivew. It uses ASCII commands on an  RS-232 interface. So you can implement it yourself in Matlab although it will take a lot of time.

All commands are described here:

http://www.bronkhorst.com/files/downloads/manuals_english/917027manual_rs232_interface.pdf

But do you really need Matlab? Labview can do of  a lot of things that Matlab can, most M code runs on also on math block in Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,037 Views)

Hi LennartM,

Do you mind to share the labview library to me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,537 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,535 Views)