Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply custom current/voltage profiles to Li-Ion batteries with CompactDAQ?

Hi all,

I'm planning a project where I charge and discharge several Li-Ion coin cell batteries in parallel with custom current and voltage profiles while simultaneously measuring current and voltage in order to investigate their electrochemical properties.

While this would probably be easily solved with an SMU such as the ones from Keithley, I thought that a significantly cheaper option (especially for simultaneously probing at least 8 cells) would be to build the setup myself with NI CompactDAQ. For this, I would just use a current source like NI-9266 and a current/voltage measurement module like NI-9207. Is it a naive assumption that this setup would already be sufficient in combination with a control loop via the connected PC in order to let the current source output different current and voltage profiles including constant voltage and voltage scans? Or would this somehow decrease current/voltage/time resolution (I need ~1mV voltage resolution and ~1microA current resolution)? Is an additional voltage source like NI-9264 also necessary for this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,424 Views)