From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti-Aliased fonts for Embedded UI?

The text on one of my embedded UIs looks pretty grainy and ugly on a 17" touchscreen - 1200*800 resolution I believe. I am sure there is a way to install fonts on linux RT, how do you get the application on Linux to then use the font you want?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,796 Views)

Hi, you can properly install the fonts by accessing the Linux shell and running a command on the target

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,764 Views)

thank you I know about that, font size is not the problem. I guess what I'm asking is there are ways to make the fonts look better in general on Linux RT embedded UIs. It seems like there is not anti aliasing going on at all

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,751 Views)

Thanks for the clarification. I would take a look at this KnowledgeBase article on how to minimize the differences: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/92A4978076B4969586257D27004C3529

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,731 Views)

Hi,

I use this old topic because it has become actual to us.

We bought recently a NI-Linux device from NI. The goal was to visualize the LabView application.

We thought as our screen is broken .. but no 😞

Nobody from NI told us as we can not use the HDMI output of the module.

There is no way as I accept this crappy output.

I hope as in the last two years NI made a driver or a tool to convert and visualize the content 1:1 

Do I have to return the device and use another technology ?

Thank's for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,998 Views)

I'm not sure what I ended up doing on this issue-- maybe I used only the built in fonts? It ended up looking ok. Like with so many things that NI does, this feature works but doesn't quite have the end polish you'd want, especially for trying to make ultra-professional looking HMIs.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,992 Views)