Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding EtherCAT 3rd party slaves in VeriStand 2020

Hello everyone, 

My goal is to use VeriStand to control in real time the behavior of a third party eCAT slave (a drive by ABB). The master of the eCAT network is a cRIO 9040, which I am also using as target of the VeriStand project.

I think there is some misbehavior during the importation of the xml of the slave. Actually, it seems that everything works correctly (in the first figure attached there is the message "Import succeded"). But after that nothing happens.

I already did some tests with LabView 2020. There, I was able to import the xml profile correctly, and after that, some variables appeared in the project tree under the correct location representing the slave (second figure attached). I was expecting those variables (control word, status word, actual velocity, target velocity) to appear somewhere in VeriStand too, but this does not happen and I cannot access those information in VS. 

I also tried using the auto-detect module tool, but it only seems to detect the C-series modules inserted into my cRIO 9040 rather than the eCAT slave of the network. 

Is there something I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

- Marco S.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,015 Views)

Hello Semarcorra,

Usually selecting  "Auto-Detect Modules" instead of importing the xml with "Manage 3rd-Party ECAT Slaves" solves the issue.

Does your firewall block FTP transfers?

Disabling your firewall can do the trick!

If the EtherCAT slave detection works with LabVIEW, in LabVIEW RT project, it should work with VeriStand. Just make sure that the VeriStand Engine is properly configured. I mean, if you used your target with LabVIEW RT, the VeriStand Engine is probably not running as expected (run at startup disabled ?). Use MAX to reinstall VeriStand Engine.

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(919 Views)