From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire signal data from Rohde and schwarz CMU200 / GPIB

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm working on getting spectrum data from R&S spectrum analyzer CMU 200.Well I'm totally new in this domain cauz actually i just want to acquire signal from the spetrum and save it as csv file for example  to work on optimization with genetic algorithm.I have RSCommander program on pc I get connected with the spectrum through GPIB connection but the problem here is that 'trace' in disabled as well as 'hardcopy'  I tried something else I donwlaoded the prgram FSxRecordPlay but I get the error 'check for connection and make sure you have the right instrument descriptor'.I'm blocked since a month because every day I try something new and dosen't work with me I'm so confused.

Please is there any solution or another method I can follow.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,802 Views)

Hello zaynebzayneb,

Can you tell me more about the National Instruments's product you are using?

Thank you and have a good day!

Corentin

Application Engineer - National Instruments - France
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,763 Views)

Hello I'm using National Instrument GPIB_USB adaaptor to get connection pc/spectrum analyzer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,754 Views)

Hi zaynebzayneb, RSCommander does not support CMU200 as a spectrum analyzer - therefore reading the trace does not work.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,742 Views)

ok thank you you confirm my doubt. So is there any solution or other method you can propose for me?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,738 Views)

Which programming environment are you skilled in?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,735 Views)

Well eclipse IDE.Or I'm thinking of  matlab but concerning  matlab I don't know several functions but if there is a practical solution I'm ready to work on it .

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,732 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zaynebzayneb

Matlab is a good tool for such tasks, I wrote an Application Note 1MA171 on the topic of remote-controling instruments from Matlab: http://www.rohde-schwarz.com/appnote/1MA171

But you need to get familiar with the SCPI commands language - I suggest a small tutorial here:

https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/driver-pages/remote-control/drivers-remote-control_110753.html

Go through the 1MA171 Chapter 2: Direct SCPI Commands Communication and try the MATLAB_directSCPI_Hello_World.m example. Let me know if you've managed to connect to your instrument.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,727 Views)

okk I will read the tutorial and try to run the example. I will inform you if I managed to connect it or not.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,724 Views)

Hello I tried Hello world example but it doese not work cauz it is GPIB connection and not TCPIP so I tried the Instrument control  toolbox and it work with me but the problem here is that I try to customize the code to work with me but for example the property '.Write' is not an accessible property for VISA_GPIB. What I can do in this case

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,717 Views)