From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing a NI 9135 through Network devices in NI MAX

I have a NI 9135 running windows, but I need to run the software on a separate computer and access the  DAQ data. I currently can VNC from my computer to the DAQ running windows via a crossover cable, so the connection is there. But when I use NI max to ‘Add Network Device’ under ‘My System’ it fails to find the DAQ device; even if I enter the IP address I get the device not found on the network. Is there a setting on the DAQ so it will make itself available on the network?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,440 Views)

Garrett,

I found an article that may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue:

Network cDAQ Troubleshooting Resources

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9HHSA0

There are a lot of good steps in the article that may be able to resolve your issue. One thing that stuck out to me in the troubleshooting guide is that it specifically says to use straight-through Ethernet cable ('standard' cable) and not a crossover cable. 

I recommend going through that article and seeing if any of those tips resolve your issue.

Patrick O.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,414 Views)

Hello, did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm trying to do something similar where I need to remotely access the cDAQ-9135 LabView program while it's recording data. I've read a lot about the Data Dashboard app but it wasn't recognizing the cDAQ IP address. Were you able to accomplish what you were trying to do with NI MAX?

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,040 Views)

Hi sdol16,

There are a number of ways of ways to share data and control between multiple client machines in LabVIEW, ranging from shared variables, remote front panels, web services, and even web VIs in LabVIEW NXG.

Each approach has its own strengths and weaknesses, and which may be best for your purposes depends a lot on your application.  I would recommend making a new thread giving some background details on what you are trying to accomplish in the LabVIEW forums for advice.  A new thread will get quicker attention to your question.  Relevant details will be what kinds of data you are trying to access, whether you need to just view the data, or make changes to configuration on the fly, and what kinds of devices will be the clients connecting to the cDAQ.

Thanks,

Michael B.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,033 Views)

sdol16,

I ended up getting a cDAQ 9178 and plugging it into a small computer. I find it a little more versatile as I can run other software on the computer easily.

good luck

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,030 Views)