From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Fieldpoint from CompactRIO

I'd like to read/write Fieldpoint channels on the network from a CompactRIO RT controller.

But i'm not able to deploy any VI containing "FP Read" or "FP Write" blocks. An error like this occurs during deploy:

Deploying FP Read (Float Array -IO).vi
Failed to download FP Read (Float Array -IO).vi
LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library FPLVMgr.dll:ialv_service_read_callback_fast:C on RT target device.
LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library FPLVMgr.dll:ialv_read_fast:C on RT target device.
LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library FPLVMgr.dll:ialv_getTagElements:C on RT target device.

I also tried to manually copy FPLVMgr.dll on the device before deploying, but didn't help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,188 Views)
You won't be able to access the Fieldpoint I/O from a cRIO controller using the Fieldpoint API. You will need to use shared variables to communicate between the two.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,182 Views)

Hi SnamProgetti,

for communicatio between cRIO (i.e. RT target) and FP/cFP, try to use Logos protocol trough DataSocket API. Here's a document:

What Are the Different Communication Techniques Using Logos and FieldPoint?

FieldPoint VIs are not supported under RT targets, so you better use Datasocket or, if possible, Modbus I/O server (for 180x Fieldpoints) or shared variables (for cFP RT targets).

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Fabio

Fabio M.
NI
Principal Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,161 Views)