Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied: This host computer's IP address is not on the target's allowable access list

This message will appear when trying to connect to my cRIO-9075.   This began on my new system after about a week of development off of an example project from NI.  I have gone through varying degrees of uninstalling software and reformatting the device.  These will invariably work so I can connect but if I disconnect or power down the error comes back. 

What I have found is that by going into the ni-rt.ini file in the cRIO board and changing the line: RTTarget.IPAccess="" to RTTarget.IPAccess="+*" I can get everything running.  Again, once I disconnect the file reverts back to RTTarget.IPAccess="".  Here I have tried logging in, using the FTP to make changes on my local C, and uploading the changed file back to the cRIO.  Any suggestions why this is happening or how I might fix it?

Thanks,

Brendan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,221 Views)

Hi Brendan;

You can try also changing the token:

server.tcp.access="+*"

Also I found a similar thread with a similar issue but using different hardware and to solve the problem they change the same tokens but with a small difference:

server.tcp.access=""+*""

NOTE: Double Quotes here

RTTarget.IPAccess="+*"

NOTE: Single Quotes here

http://forums.ni.com/t5/FieldPoint-Family/IP-address-is-not-on-the-target-s-allowable-access-list/m-...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,203 Views)

Thank you for the link to the other thread! I was able to try a few additional things based on the responses there.  Ultimately I changed the .ini file. I also had to modify the RT Target properties in the project.  The Machine Access and Exported VIs under the VI Server category needed to have * in the field.  The Visible VIs and Browser Access under the Web Server also needed to have * in the field.  Finally the Target Access List needed to have * in the field.  I did not go into any depth to see if alternate configurations would or would not work but having all of these fields set only with a * works.  I can now connect and disconnect to the cRIO board without issue. 

Thanks again,

Brendan 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,184 Views)

In my case, this happened immediately following an upgrade of my cRIO from 12.1 to 13.0 software. I double-triple-quadruple-checked my project settings and ALL IP access rules were set to allow *. I then went through the web interface and edited the ni-rt.ini file to the single and double quotes as referenced above, and closed LabVIEW completely (it had been open with the RIO project loaded during the upgrade). Once I restarted LabVIEW, it started working. I don't know whether it was the edit or just completely closing LabVIEW that did the trick. Note that I restarted the cRIO no less than 8 times total during all my connection attempts.

____
Ryan R.
R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,985 Views)

I had the same problem.  For whatever the reason I had a ";" at the end of both lines.  Removing the ";" resolved my issue.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,122 Views)