Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone!

I am using cRIO 9004 controller communicating to the 9103 FPGA via a series of RT FIFO's.  I can get my code to execute and perform as I wish, but if I halt the program (by killing my loop, not using the abort button) and try to restart, I get error -2202 telling me that my FIFO name already exists.

At this point, if I exit LV, re-target the 9004 and re-run my application, it works correctly. 

Has anyone seen this, and if so, how do I deal with it?

Wes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wes Ramm, Cyth UK
CLD, CPLI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,292 Views)
Wes,

Using RTFIFODelete.VI at the end of the execution of your VI should avoid this problem. Do you know if your code is being able to execute RT FIFODelete VI when you stop your loop? From what I am reading, it seems like you are NOT using the abort button in the toolbar, but rather are stopping your loop through the conditional terminal (or programmatically aborting a Timed-Loop), in either case, you should be able to wire things such that the RTFIFODelete VI always get executed at some point, which should remove the RT FIFO from memory.

I have seen this behavior when using the abort button in the toolbar, but that does not seem to be the case here, so I'll need a bit more information.

Let me know,

Alejandro
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,287 Views)
The thing is, I _am_ using the DELETE FIFO call, and I am NOT using the abort button. 

The only mitigating circumstance may be that I am pushing 15 waveform types through the FIFO, and it seems to have fallen over when I started doing that.

Wes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wes Ramm, Cyth UK
CLD, CPLI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,281 Views)

Hi Wess,

So from what I understand, you are using the termination condition of the while loop (Stop Boolean control) to stop your vi. Have you confirmed that the RTFIFODelete vi is being executed before the termination of the vi? You can use the highlight execution mode to see the execution path and see where the error is occurring.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Prashanth

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,249 Views)