cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: #VIWeek (Making Trouble Again)

swatts
Active Participant

Hello Disease Avoiders (hopefully),

I hope you are keeping fit both physically and mentally.

My DSH friends and I decided to announce some on-line events to coincide with NIWeek (17th May to 21st May) and the idea has blossomed somewhat. We now have quite a few volunteers and a fantastic hashtag/name courtesy of Chris Stryker...........#VIWeek.

NEWS ---> Re-certification by points - 10 pts for attending VIWeek and 20 pts for presenting...isn't that nice of NI!

800px-VIWeek_Logo,_Title,_and_Tagline.png

So this page will be our VIWeek agenda but check out the LabVIEWwiki and the excellent page by Derrick Bommarito, it's very much more user friendly.

https://labviewwiki.org/wiki/Home

VIWeek Landing Page

Discord Channel thanks to Michal Radziwon

We can fill the slots on a first-come first served basis. I think people can host their own events (I use webex and it costs £15 a month) and it works fine.

I'll put some other tips at the end.

Agenda - Keep Checking Back

Contact the Session Host to get a link

Sunday 17th May 

7-8am PDT, 9-10am CDT, 3-4pm BST, 4-5pm CEST

GCentral: State of the Union and Rolling Up Your Sleeves 

Chris Cilino

GCentral is a non profit organization founded in late 2019. The vision: a LabVIEW community empowered to make the best version of itself. The mission: reduce/remove barriers to collaboration. In this presentation, we'll introduce you to GCentral and give a progress update. And we'll show you how we can all work together to make GCentral a reality.

Youtube Link: https://bit.ly/VIWeek_GCentralPresentation

info@gcentral.org

9-10 PDT, 11-12noon CDT, 5-6pm BST, 6-7pm CEST 

Do the survey suckers - here

LabVIEW FPGA for high throughput applications

Terry Stratoudakis

Microsoft Teams link: Register /Join

terry@aleconsultants.com

11-12 PDT, 1-2pm CDT, 7-8pm BST, 8-9pm CEST

Functional programming inspired object-oriented template in LabVIEW + SOLID

Piotr Kruczkowski

Teams Link

Monday 18th May 

DSH #VIWeek Pragmatic SW Engineering
Join us and fight the NIWeek blues. In this one-hour event, we (the whole DSH gang: Fab, Steve, Joerg and Brian) will be:
- talking about who we are and what we do
- asking you about your needs and pain points
- answering any questions you might have

email hello@dsh-workshops.com

Philosophy of Coding - How to be a CraftsPerson.

Sam Taggart

A discussion of how what we value and the way we think about the process of developing software affects the end result. No LabVIEW code, just a high level discussion of software engineering. I've got a short presentation on our values at SAS and how we approach software development. I'll give that and I'd like to get some feedback. Then I'd like to have a discussion and ask the audience some questions like, what software qualities are important to you? What processes do you think are critical to ensuring software quality? What quality is most important in a junior engineer? How can we do a better job of training junior engineers?

Register

Confessions of a Retired Superhero

Matt Pollock

Crazy projects demand crazy solutions.  Crazy solutions create crazy bugs.  Come learn from spectacular failures (or near failures) that have threatened to torpedo other projects so yours will be safe from heroics.

Teams Link

Tuesday 19th May 

Proper way to communicate over serial.

Tim Robinson

Too many users look to the Simple Serial Write Read example in LabVIEW and then struggle to achieve solid, robust communication with their instrument. This is because the example does not properly discuss or handle any of the real-world communication schemes instruments use. At this session, explore these schemes and learn how to handle each case.

Raspberry Pi / LABVIEW Community Edition and Sensors
Sam Sharp

Sam will demonstrate/show how to get started programming the Raspberry Pi using the LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition with a live/practical demo. He'll then expand this to show off his open-source library of drivers for a range of off-the-shelf sensors/hats so you can connect your Raspberry Pi to the physical world.

Webex Link:Register /Join

sam@mediamongrels.com

Linx Toolkit & Raspberry Pi for Intermediate Robotics

Derrick Bommarito

I'll be demonstrating how I've used the updated Linx Toolkit for LabVIEW Community Edition to develop remote control and autonomous rovers using the Raspberry Pi along with a handful of sensors. We'll take a look at the high level architecture of the software along with the open source libraries I'm developing that target autonomous robotics projects. We'll also discuss how you can accomplish better performance for more demanding projects by developing custom firmware for arduino clones instead of using the Linx toolkit to interface to microcontrollers.

https://bit.ly/neg-live

negentropicdev@gmail.com

1-2pm PDT, 3-5pm CDT, 9-10pm BST, 10-11pm CEST

Build Flexible FPGA-Based Systems with LabVIEW FPGA Advanced Sessions

Cyril Gambini

Creating an FPGA-based acquisition and control system is challenging if the hardware target changes and the bitfiles to load are completely different from one target to the next. Learn how you can handle completely different FPGA personalities within the same application using LabVIEW FPGA Advanced Session Resources.

At this session, explore a VeriStand distributed DAQ system featuring multiple CompactRIO devices configured differently based on the test to perform (analyzing the electrical and mechanical behaviors of alternators) and the test’s measurement requirements (currently more than 20 different configurations across four target references).

Email:cgambini@neosoft.ca

Teams Link Join

2-3pm PDT, 4-5pm CDT, 10-11pm BST, 11-12pm CEST

8 Reasons for encapsulating your next device driver inside a DQMH module

Christopher Farmer

Do you hate it when software throws an awful error if a device is not connected, and it just stops or crashes as a result? Do you have multiple instances of the same device that you need to manage? Do you find that your applications get so cluttered with code specific to managing devices? Do you like to see what a device is up to “under the hood” whilst you run an automated sequence? If you’re facing any of these challenges, then we’re confident this presentation will help you! Using a DQMH module to encapsulate your next device driver will eliminate these issues. Register below to learn how.

Register

Wednesday 20th May 

DSH DQMH 5.0 Introduction

Fab, Joerg
Hear it directly from the horse's mouth!
Learn what's new in DQMH 5.0. In this one-hour event, we (Fabiola and Joerg) will walk you through the new features of DQMH 5.0. We'll also give insights into how these features actually help with our daily work.

Overflow Youtube Stream

'Efficient Programming in LabVIEW'

Tom McQuillan
In this session, I'm going to showcase Project Templates.
After choosing to go down a DQMH route for a project (after being a hardcore Actor Framework user), I realized there were certain aspects of AF I missed. Namely, the ability to reuse messages between modules. In this session, I will showcase a solution to this using Project Templates and how templates could be used for your modular applications.
I'll also showcase some scripting tools that were possible using templates.

Thomas.mcquillan@scientifica.uk.com

10-11am PDT, 12-1pm CDT, 6-7pm BST, 7-8pm CEST

Graphical programming beyond G - Use case of LabVIEW integration with Node-RED

Michal Radziwon

Dataflow programming is not only about G and LabVIEW! There is more and more of other platforms that uses graphical programming and one of them is Node-RED.

Node-RED is a programming tool build to ease connecting and automating IoT enabled devices, APIs, and web-services. I will show a use case of integrating LabVIEW with Node-RED using MQTT server - all running on a Raspberry Pi.

Register

radziwon@purpravn.com

Using a Message Broker with DQMH Actors for High Speed/Throughput Data logging

Chris Roebuck and Becky Linton

Tasked with creating a hardware agnostic, highly configurable, high-throughput data logger for ADAS applications we implemented the Mediator pattern using multiple modified-DQMH actors with a message broker. In this session we will review the requirements, high level design objectives and review the solution and take a deeper dive in to some of the specific technologies used such as malleable VIs, eDVRs and Message Brokers.

b.linton@konrad-technologies.com,c.roebuck@konrad-technologies.co.uk

Teams Link :

6-7pm PDT, 8-9pm CDT 

(Thursday 21 May 9-10am SGT, 11am-12pm AEST)

8 Reasons for encapsulating your next device driver inside a DQMH module

Christopher Farmer

Do you hate it when software throws an awful error if a device is not connected, and it just stops or crashes as a result? Do you have multiple instances of the same device that you need to manage? Do you find that your applications get so cluttered with code specific to managing devices? Do you like to see what a device is up to “under the hood” whilst you run an automated sequence? If you’re facing any of these challenges, then we’re confident this presentation will help you! Using a DQMH module to encapsulate your next device driver will eliminate these issues. Register below to learn how.

Register

Thursday 21st May 

CEF (configuration editor framework)

Sreejith Sreenivasan and Vikas Koujalagi

Configuration files are commonly used to specify application settings and hardware configuration. Manual editing of some of the complex configuration files of hardware systems or applications are often error prone. Shipping a configuration editor can ease the pain but development overheads may outweigh the benefits.

Configuration Editor Framework (CEF) from NI Systems Engineering is a versatile framework allowing rapid development of such editors. Development generally take hours instead of days or weeks. This presentation delves in to the features and walks through an example which saves the files in JSON format.

MS Teams Meeting Link: https://bit.ly/VIWEEK_NICEF

sreejith@multics.co.uk

Using the new TLS/SSL functions in LabVIEW 2020
Sam Sharp

Sam will go through the newly added SSL/TLS functions in LabVIEW 2020 which enables secure TCP/IP communications in LabVIEW. This session should provide enough information to be able to implement secure TCP/IP communications in your own applications and learn why you should. He'll also demonstrate an update to his WebSockets library that enables secure WebSockets (wss://) support - a highly requested feature now possible with LabVIEW 2020.

Webex Link: Register /Join

sam@mediamongrels.com

DSH Soft Skills for Software Engineers Discussion

Steve and anyone else who wants to join

It won't be the presentation I intended to do, more of a chat really.

Friday 22nd May 

AristosQ suggests you check this vid out as an intro before this session - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQU3eM0yLMk&feature=youtu.be

or https://t.co/XUZKvffDUM?amp=1

#VIWeek – Open Your Instruments With A G Interfaces HAL In LV2020 (No Lever Tool Required!!)

Jonathan Hird (Jono)

The recent release of LV2020 Community edition has opened up the new capability of “Interfaces” into the LVOOP world. I for one am incredibly excited about what this means specifically for Hardware Abstraction Layers. After some initial trudging through the mud and not quite seeing the value in interfaces for my specific needs for a HAL, I decided to scrap what I had, start from scratch and work logically to put together an example of a “Real World” HAL application. In this session we will briefly cover the Why, What and How of HALs and how interfaces may help along with some sample code which will be uploaded for community use as a good starting point.

Teams Meeting Link

The Core Framework.

Denis Stavila

It's something that I built on top of the Actor Framework and aims at solving several shortcomings that I believe AF has ... plus a lot of tweaks and built-in functionality to make the life of a developer much easier:

• Internal broadcast system
  • Debugging/Monitoring tools
  • UI structuring and configuration
  • Interface-Like implementation for modules communication
  • User Access tools .... etc.

I started working on this framework basically the moment I faced my first project with AF ... I would like to show you what problems I encountered, how I attempted to solve them and what I wanted to achieve with it.

Teams Link : Join

Mock Object Framework

Sam Taggart

I will present an open source tool for creating Mock objects and show how to use them in tests. It will be an informal kind of code review thing. I might put together a few slides on what Mock Objects are so we are all on the same page. After that I will just start with defining the problem and then how I came up with the solution. We will spend a lot of time just looking at the code.

Register

Saturday 23rd May 

Fast and Simple Unit Testing with Caraya 1.0

Francois Normandin, Jim Kring

Almost everyone writes code to test their code. Caraya, a unit test framework for LabVIEW, makes it simple to turn those test VIs into unit tests that can be reused throughout the life of the project. With a focus on ease of use and lightning fast execution time, Caraya allows you to write and run tests without adding much overhead to your development work. Come see how you can create and run a test in under a minute, run all the tests in your project with a simple QuickDrop shortcut, and integrate your tests into a fully-automated build and deploy process. You’ll also learn about advanced features like running tests on real-time targets, creating custom test report formats, and more!

Register

Contact me for changing the agenda, it's only my first guess and I'm missing all the eastern time-zones. TBH anything goes.

Tips for Hosting Events (based on my tiny amount of experience)

• Have a moderator to field questions in chat, that way you only need keep 2 microphones open.

• Kill non-presenters mics and screens when you are presenting, open up for discussions.

• Tell people the rules before you start.

• Don't spend ages preparing, free-form works fine in this environment. Scripted presentations come across as being a bit flat and dull IMO.

• Switch off desktop icons (believe it or not I didn't know you could do this until Fab told me)

• Remote seems to work well with demos and software reviews
  • Use the hashtag #VIWeek

Any other tips people can think of?

Hopefully this will keep us amused in May

Lots of Love

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Comments
joerg.hampel
Active Participant

Splendid! I volunteer for filling a gap if not all slots are taken by the time it starts. Also on short-term notice. 

#VirtualNIWeek -> #VIWeek 💜💜💜

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

crossrulz
Knight of NI

You should probably double check your times.  I am seeing a lot of CDT times that do not match their correlating PDT times (should be 2 hour difference).  I'm in EDT, but I have gotten quite use to using CDT and UTC.  I didn't check your other time zones.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
swatts
Active Participant

Thanks Tim,

I think that's sorted now if you could double check for me

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

crossrulz
Knight of NI

A more complete description of my presentation on serial port communication (stealing from my NI Week submission):

Too many users look to the Simple Serial Write Read example in LabVIEW and then struggle to achieve solid, robust communication with their instrument. This is because the example does not properly discuss or handle any of the real-world communication schemes instruments use. At this session, explore these schemes and learn how to handle each case.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
pk1994

Please add me

DerrickB
NI Employee (retired)

Linx Toolkit & Raspberry Pi for Intermediate Robotics

I'll be demonstrating how I've used the updated Linx Toolkit for LabVIEW Community Edition to develop remote control and autonomous rovers using the Raspberry Pi along with a handful of sensors. We'll take a look at the high level architecture of the software along with the open source libraries I'm developing that target autonomous robotics projects. We'll also discuss how you can accomplish better performance for more demanding projects by developing custom firmware for arduino clones instead of using the Linx toolkit to interface to microcontrollers.

negentropicdev@gmail.com

I'd like to take the third slot on Tuesday if possible, as long as people won't already have had too much Pi from Sam's presentation! There's always room for more Pi, right?

ChrisStrykesAgain
Active Participant

What's the guidance on new vs. reuse content? I could fill one of the Sunday spots if needed, and have an idea for new content (Clean Code, Part 2) but can't 100% commit to having it done. I definitely have Clean Code, Part 1 to fall back on in a worst case scenario, but I've already given it at an NIWeek.

--------------------------------------
swatts
Active Participant

@Chris, as everyone is hosting their own I reckon anything goes.

@pk1994 Add you as what my dear, if you wanna present can you furnish me with something to put on this page, if you want to attend you will need to contact the individual session organiser (email or link will be in the session details)

Slots are filling fast so I may add some earlier ones for our Eastern timezone friends. And if I'm feeling saucy I might add some later ones for the late bunch. Contact me if you want me to do this.

This is a self-organised event, so don't expect too much hand-holding and it's actually nice for us presenters to hear from you. So email the session organisers and talk to them.

Session organisers - you'll be hosting your own sessions in some fashion, my bandwidth is quite old-fashioned at SSDC Towers and I have work to do. Teams and Webex seem to work better at getting past the IT police.

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

DerrickB
NI Employee (retired)

It might be worth it to collect and list the presentation medium / links as people get their presentations scheduled.

Would anyone object to restreaming things to youtube as a one stop shop for those that don't have YT access blocked and links to actual webcasts would be provided for anyone that wants to interact with the presenter? (I'll reach out to anyone that doesn't respond directly on here)

DerrickB
NI Employee (retired)

Could you add the URL for mine? https://bit.ly/neg-live

Please and thank you ^_^

PrimaryKey
NI Employee (retired)

I would like to volunteer to present. I can do any of the following topic:

Functional programming inspired object-oriented template in LabVIEW + SOLID

- Maps, Sets and Trees - Tree Map API

- Interfaces and Actors - Real Examples

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
swatts
Active Participant

If it was me Piotr it would be Maps,Sets and Trees, but what do I know.

Any of them will be well received, but when do you prefer to do them? All the original slots apart from Sunday are taken. But we can easily stick more slots either end of the day, or include Friday.

I am at your service...tell me what you want, what you really really want...

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

crossrulz
Knight of NI

Piotr, just to add to the confusion I would prefer to hear about the Functional Programming OO template.  But if we are adding slots, why not present twice?

GCentral
AlphaPi

Any chance for a recorded session? I'm at GMT+8 time zone, so it would be midnight for me 😅

PrimaryKey
NI Employee (retired)

Hejka Steve, I can present both topics, and honestly any time window is good for me, I can adapt. I would prefer Sunday. 

Piotr Kruczkowski
swatts
Active Participant

@ Piotr I'll stick you on Sunday for the Functional Programming OO template. You may be able to swap with Terry if it's getting late where you are (I'll let you sort it out between you)

I might be opening up some new slots as we now have more presenters coming forward

@John contact the presenters and ask for a video is the best advice I can give, I'll try and remember to press record on mine.

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

DStavilaNI
NI Employee (retired)

Hey Guys,

If possible, or if still available, I would like to present a framework that I was working on through the past year - The Core Framework. It's something that I built on top of the Actor Framework and aims at solving several shortcomings that I believe AF has ... plus a lot of tweaks and built-in functionality to make the life of a developer much easier:

• Internal broadcast system
  • Debugging/Monitoring tools
  • UI structuring and configuration
  • User Access tools .... etc.

Anyways, if you find it interesting ... I would like to ask if there are any slots available on Sunday.

Regards,
    Denis

swatts
Active Participant

Hi Denis,

PM sent, let's see what we can sort out

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

TheQ
Active Participant

I started a Wiki page... 

https://labviewwiki.org/wiki/VIWeek 

Also, here are some logos and such for advertising and social media:

VIWeek Logo 

VIWeek Logo and Title 

VIWeek Logo, Title, and Tagline 

VIWeek Logo and Title, Vertical 

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

swatts
Active Participant

That is just splendid Q, you have excelled! 

Thanks matey

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Mradziwo

Hi guys, 

If still some slots available I'd like to present a broader picture of graphical programming. There is more than just LabVIEW! I would like to present an integration between LabVIEW and NodeRed by powers of REST APIs ant MQTT

"></a>
Chris_Cilino
Active Participant

Howdy ya'll

I just posted this video on youtube and its up on the LabVIEW Wiki. I plan on posting to linkedIn in the next few days as well.

The live presentation will be here. 

I've also added a link to the video at the top of GCentral

Chris_Cilino_0-1588903372672.png

MichaelAivaliotis
Active Participant

Hey folks. I am volunteering to do a best effort attempt at recoding all the presentations. We can link them on the LabVIEWWiki when done. I'll try even to re-stream to Youtube, if I can get it to work cleanly.

@swatts, looks like links to most presentation streams are in the blog post but not all. Are you updating them over time? Can I suggest we add them to the Wiki page so it can be crowdsourced and less work for you?

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

@MichaelAivaliotis:

By restreaming to YouTube we'll loose the interaction with the presenter, I guess?

What software did you use for your live stream? That worked very well (besides the delay between video and audio). It's probably commercial\expensive and short notice, but I wouldn't mind if all presenters used that.

joerg.hampel
Active Participant

The initial idea was to leave it up to the presenter(s) to decide which tool to use, and whether to share recordings of it afterwards. I'm just saying, we should probably ask those people what they want.

For the DSH gigs (which are not presentations), we will use Webex. A one-way streaming offer is not what we envision for these, we want the interaction with the audience.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

swatts
Active Participant

@ Michael I love the idea of putting the agenda on the wiki. It is up to date currently or since I last checked my emails

I think streaming will suit some of the presentations, I don't have time to organise it. Derrick is interested in offering that service tho. 

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Taggart
Active Participant

I definitely want interaction for my presentation. It will be kind of boring without it. No one wants to listen to me drone on for that long.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
swatts
Active Participant

For our workshop type presentations (and yours too Sam) I think the attendee details are a valuable tool too.

Phoning the attendees after one of my events has resulted in 2 potentially massive orders and we're <20% of our way through the calls so far.

I think that is a unique advantage of these types of adhoc remote sessions vs Prepared Presentation scripted sessions.

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

DerrickB
NI Employee (retired)

Just so everyone's more clear on what I've been working on, as yes, I am encouraging joining the session since interaction is what we're after! I'm not having these restreams listed publicly nor will I be recording them. I am providing a list of upcoming sessions that will show the time in the viewers local timezone as well as how long until the session starts. This screenshot does not include it yet but there will be links to registration emails/pages, links to the session if posted publicly (vs registering by email), and links to company websites, linkedins, etc. All of this will show up in the cards on the right and under the current session (if permission was given to restream it, otherwise it will just be the links for registration and other branding info I was given). The video is a small-ish preview to further encourage joining the actual presentation but give someone hopping on the portal an idea of what's going on. Timezones can be tricky, at least for a muggle like me, so I wanted to make that a non-issue by always localizing the time, and knowing that this is a marketing effort for most of the presenters I'm including lots of links (not shown yet on these cards)

I should be wrapped up with the basic idea by tomorrow and y'all can have a look at it yourselves once I get it published to the web server!

sample.png

DerrickB
NI Employee (retired)

And here's with all of the session info in so far. If a meeting link was provided it's listed directly, if the session linked to a website for registration I set that as the registration url, otherwise it links to the email listed in the listing. I'm going to work on getting this built and deployed to the server for everyone to checkout and everyone is welcome to provide links to company websites, linkedins, etc for me to add (only a few have given me info via email/linked in so far). I've still got a few details to hash out for the current session card but this will mainly be it pending any good ideas from others once they see it (I still have to finish my robot for my session!)

Hopeful ninja edit: I was live streaming the development of this but YouTube truncated it for some reason. I've uploaded a quick demo video of the portal at https://youtu.be/mA3LjIorVoc so take a look and definitely let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or additional info you'd like to provide.

completish.png

Tepig
Active Participant

Dear Friends in Japan, this is a timetable but would be tough...
Can I keep my eye open?

1st  11pm - 0am (JST)

2nd 1am - 2am (JST)

3rd  3am - 4am (JST)

Certified LabVIEW Developer

GCentral
DerrickB
NI Employee (retired)

Emboar I could ship a crate of Redbull your way!

swatts
Active Participant

@Derrick nice job! I like that a lot! 

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

DerrickB
NI Employee (retired)

Alright I *think* it's all ready to go! https://bit.ly/viweek

It automatically checks for content updates on the fields already present so as more meeting URLs or registration info is provided even people that already have the page open will see the updates within a minute or so of me saving. For those that have said they don't mind the preview restream (and I'm available for it) it will automatically show up when started. Otherwise it will just chug along highlighting the current/next session with the links to register/access.

Chris_Cilino
Active Participant

@DerrickB This is so good! Thank you for doing this!

Could you please add the following links for the GCentral presentation:

Live Stream: https://bit.ly/VIWeek_GCentralPresentation

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GCentralOrg

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/gcentral

Homepage https://www.gcentral.org/

If there's anything I need to do to give you permission to host/rebroadcast or do anything with the stream, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks again!

DerrickB
NI Employee (retired)

As long as embedding isn't disabled on your channel I'll be able to include the preview (I was able to generate an embed link from the youtube stream so it looks good)

Edit: And the gcentral info is added!

Chris_Cilino
Active Participant

@DerrickB THIS IS SO INSANELY GOOD!!!!

PS sorry for misspelling your name in my earlier post.

Chris_Cilino
Active Participant

I've updated the bit.ly link in my video to point to the portal. 

the link to the video is (https://youtu.be/ftBU5-L3MLQ)

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Virtual virtual instruments? What will they think of next?! 🙂

PrimaryKey
NI Employee (retired)

Hejka Steve, here is a link to my session -> Teams Live Session 

Piotr Kruczkowski
Tepig
Active Participant

@DerrickB, thanks a lot! I'm waiting for your Cargo : )

Fortunately, it appears that Michael will try to record all the presentations,
even if we fall asleep, we could watch them later...

日本時間でのタイムテーブルです

1st  11pm - 0am (JST)

2nd 1am - 2am (JST)

3rd  3am - 4am (JST)

録画されるかもしれませんし、されないかもしれません。

録画に関しては、VI ShotsのMichaelのコメントを確認してください。

Certified LabVIEW Developer

GCentral
MichaelAivaliotis
Active Participant

I don't think re-streaming is feasible or is something that has much benefit. I agree that it would remove the audience interaction, which should be preserved. However I will be recording the presentations for posterity. I will contact the presenters after the week is over and get individual permissions to release the recordings for public consumption. I'm looking forward to the presentations. It's great to see the community come together to put this event together.

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

>Alright I *think* it's all ready to go! https://bit.ly/viweek

This just gives me a grey screen. Viewing the source shows the problem:

We're sorry but vi-week doesn't work properly without JavaScript enabled. Please enable it to continue.

Perfectly fine of course (having to enable JavaScript), but the feedback could be clearer (some might just give up).

Great effort! Thanks, DerrickB. 👍

MattP
NI Employee (retired)

Open call to anyone who has some vocal talent and/or a love of terrible jokes - I'm recording a surprise for my session and need some help.  If you'd be down to do a little recording this week, please send me a message and I'll forward the details.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
BertMcMahan
Active Participant

Just want to thank all of you guys for doing this. I see several events I'd love to watch but won't be able to make in real-time, so I'll be watching a lot of recordings after the fact.

swatts
Active Participant

#VIWeek public information, if you have emailed DSH Workshops to register, you should have received a webex invite.

If you haven't check your spam folder, spam folders like to eat webex emails.

We're dealing with a lot of volume and I could be more efficient and focused! So please hassle us again if you haven't got one and want one.

Oh and we're enjoying your lovely messages too. It's nice to be nice 🙂

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Terry_ALE
Active Participant

FYI:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/join-a-meeting-without-a-teams-account-c6efc38f-4e03-4e79... allows you to join a Microsoft Teams meeting as a guest without an account

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
Mradziwo

Would it be useful to add a discord server to enable attendees to interact also with each other during the sessions and allow Q&A sessions stay available after the session ends?

Short description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYSQB0fUzv0

Kudo the idea if you like it - with more than 10 of them I'd set up such server. 

"></a>
swatts
Active Participant
 .----------------.  .----------------.  .----------------.  .----------------.  .----------------. 
| .--------------. || .--------------. || .--------------. || .--------------. || .--------------. |
| |  ___  ____   | || | _____  _____ | || |  ________    | || |     ____     | || |    _______   | |
| | |_  ||_  _|  | || ||_   _||_   _|| || | |_   ___ `.  | || |   .'    `.   | || |   /  ___  |  | |
| |   | |_/ /    | || |  | |    | |  | || |   | |   `. \ | || |  /  .--.  \  | || |  |  (__ \_|  | |
| |   |  __'.    | || |  | '    ' |  | || |   | |    | | | || |  | |    | |  | || |   '.___`-.   | |
| |  _| |  \ \_  | || |   \ `--' /   | || |  _| |___.' / | || |  \  `--'  /  | || |  |`\____) |  | |
| | |____||____| | || |    `.__.'    | || | |________.'  | || |   `.____.'   | || |  |_______.'  | |
| |              | || |              | || |              | || |              | || |              | |
| '--------------' || '--------------' || '--------------' || '--------------' || '--------------' |
 '----------------'  '----------------'  '----------------'  '----------------'  '----------------' 

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

crossrulz
Knight of NI

I just sent out the WebEx invites for my session.  I found several of you in my junk folder.  If you didn't get the invite, send me a PM with your email and I'll get you added.  I got a lot more requests than I thought I would.

GCentral