From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Random Ramblings on LabVIEW Design

Community Browser
Labels
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SSDC Book News

swatts
Active Participant

Hola Wire-workers.

Just back from Madrid, where we attended a lovely European CLA summit and it was jolly fun. It's always life-affirming to be around such smart and generous people.

Anyways to business. Sometimes when the conversation on various designs gets a bit in depth, my mind goes a wondering.........

As a gift to the community I thought I'd offer a preview of our new book

Surreal.png

Wrap In Lettuce and Attach to Spaceship Pattern

This pattern is ideal for use when all the flexibility of being attached to a spaceship is required, but with the additional benefits of being able to hide in a salad.

Step 1: The wrap

Wrap your VI in lettuce.

Step 2: The spaceship

Then attach to a spaceship as in the image below.

Spaceship.png

Murder and Hide in the Woods Pattern

This pattern is ideal for use when password protecting your ugly code is not enough.

Step 1: The murder.

This really depends on how much you hate your VI. If you're just mildly annoyed why not tie your VI to the tracks of your local railway. For more difficult VIs a combined plot of poisoning, stabbing and pushing off of a tall building may be required.

Step 2: The cover-up

If you're lucky enough to live near a forest it's just a matter of rolling the VI(ctim) up in some carpet and dumping it in a ditch. For you townies it might be more appropriate to use acid or maybe pigs.

I hope you find Surreal Pattern Programming as useful as us, it's guaranteed to solve all sorts of difficult problems and definitely is a silver bullet!

De Nada

Stevedor Dali

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Comments
Thoric
Trusted Enthusiast

Lol! Even though this doesn't meet NI's recommendations on blog post content, it's a hoot! Thanks Steve for the fun 🙂

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

joerg.hampel
Active Participant

I beg to differ (as always)!

Nowhere in the rules does it say that a shameless plug for an upcoming book about surreal patterns is out of bounds 🙂 🙂

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

swatts
Active Participant

I reserve the right to be random. 

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Jacobson-ni
NI Employee (retired)

The design patterns LabVIEW R&D doesn't want you to know about.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA