From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Random Ramblings on LabVIEW Design

Community Browser
Labels
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Review of Year 2022 (travel is back!!!)

swatts
Active Participant

Hello Fellow Travellers along the Wirey Road, 

Let us finish the year in a self-indulgent fashion and everyone should pretend they are interested.

Business

Although the books look about average, we had a great year, mainly because we sustained our earnings while doing fun-stuff, community stuff and having lots of vacation time. Earning a living in a sustainable manner is becoming quite important to me as I get older.

If all goes to plan we are pretty much sorted for next year too, which is nice.

Travel

Travel is back baby! I missed you my friend. I'll share some photos.

May 2022 NI Connect - Austin - ABQ USA Road trip

Interesting and fun trip, lot's of driving and cool places to stay, also appeared in a podcast about drinking. The Americans treated me very well indeed.

Lake BurnetLake Burnet

Turkey TexasTurkey Texas

San AngeloSan Angelo

GDevCon Amsterdam. Netherlands

A great time was had by all, thank you Dutch people, you were all lovely. I stayed on a Lightship, it was amazing.

LightshipLightship

Constanta, Romania - Work trip

A very interesting trip, looking at ships.

IMG_20221021_085900.jpg

Personal

Spent a lot of the year in pain, but now I'm fit and happy! Thank you small, strong physio lady and pilates...

I look like Ted inside my head.

HappyHappy

I've attempted to read books, with varying degrees of success, but Alice in Borderland second series is on Netflix so I'll watch that instead.

I've seen some good live music, the highlight being Steve Ignorant plays Crass at the 100 club.

Learning and Training

Been a good year for DSH workshops, done a few now and very pleased with them. Feels like nice sustainable growth.

Been learning PLCs with my daughter and quite enjoying being frustrated in that "I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!!" way.

Decided I don't enjoy training on my own, I like it when there's a group of us.

My big thing this year to really think about what we want and then run the business as a reflection of that. So our business is now very much a reflection of Adrian and me, not someone else's idea of what a business should look like. That is quite satisfying.

Have a great holiday season and if I have anything to say next year I'll say it here.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Comments
joerg.hampel
Active Participant
My big thing this year to really think about what we want and then run the business as a reflection of that. So our business is now very much a reflection of Adrian and me, not someone else's idea of what a business should look like. That is quite satisfying.

💜

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

danijobe

Although the books look about average, we had a great year, mainly because we sustained our earnings while doing fun-stuff, community stuff and having lots of vacation time. Earning a living in a sustainable manner is becoming quite important to me as I get older.

Yes, this!