Random Ramblings on LabVIEW Design

Community Browser
Labels
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NIWeek 2017 (the reason I have been quiet)

swatts
Active Participant

Hello LabVIEW Peeps,

I trust your wiring is straight and your designs are cohesive!

My output blog-wise has been poor this year, mainly because I've been making presentations. One of the side effects of the eCLA summit and NIWeek getting pushed closer together is I've lost 3 months in presentation design time and it may surprise you that I spend quite a few hours on each presentation. My immediacy presentation took over 6 months to put together!

So, on Thursday 18th May I'll be boarding a plane to Austin-Bergstrom for NIWeek 2017!. If you want a chat you have a week starting from Thursday evening. Make the most of it, because I have a feeling I won't be back for a few years.

If I've worked out the times correctly I'll be in Ballroom G presenting this with my buddy Jon (ooh aren't we posh)

presentation.png

So first lets talk about the Advanced Users Track, we've been upgraded from a Room to a Ballroom.

Look how well we did!

presentation.png

Let's hope it's not our difficult second album! In this room will be lots of technical stuff from people who do technical stuff, hopefully there will also be comments from other people who do technical stuff and everyone learns off of each other.

Our presentation will be about how teams should work together and the advantages this can give, obviously we'll be concentrating on our own process. In typical fashion there will be lots of info delivered fast, so feel free to catch me and ask questions after, you'll find I'm not as scary as I look.

If I have signal I'll tweet on @swatzyssdc, but I do also intend to do some listening, so no promises.

Hope to see you there safe and sound.

Lots of Love

Steve

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Comments
joerg.hampel
Active Participant

Looking forward to meeting you there!

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

swatts
Active Participant

When are you flying in/out matey?

And when are you presenting  Accelerating HVDC Test With NI and The MathWorks 0661 is it on Wednesday too, 3ish?

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

crossrulz
Knight of NI

If you guys do well enough, maybe we will be in ballroom D in 2018!

Wish I could be there, but I have a few reasons for not attending this year.  Good luck with your presentation.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
joerg.hampel
Active Participant

I have the stupidest flight times due to my current projects and work load. I arrive in Austin on Monday evening at 8 pm, and my plane to Germany leaves on Thursday at 9:40 pm 😞

My presentation is on Wed, May 24th, 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM in Room 17A.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

I will be about, I am definitely going to catch your presentation, if nothing else to see how much ballroom you have Smiley Very Happy.

What is with ".....because I have a feeling I won't be back for a few years." ?

swatts
Active Participant

I need to pack my ballgown!

Just a matter of ROI. Still awaiting one!

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile