cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NIDays London 2016 - User Group Track

swatts
Active Participant

Hello Lovely LUGlys

Welcome to the new home of Random Ramblings. This is worryingly high profile, I'm going to have to behave myself!

This is just an announcement (wrapped up in me trying out the new platform).

At NIDays London 2016 something new is happening. The User Groups have been given a track, we pick the material and presenters. This is a great opportunity to for all the LUGs (LabVIEW User Groups) to meet up, swap ideas and present to each other. 

Speaking of presentations.......

agenda.png

15:00 - 15:45 - Quick Fire LabVIEW Presentations

15:00 - Andy Clegg - Training Simulator for Industrial Drivers <-- Rumour has it that this is not going to happen, probably be me talking about the change in platforms for UGs

15:08 - Richard Thomas - A Touch of Class - Introduction to SWISH, an Object-Based Touch UI Toolkit

15:16 - Martin Griffiths - Building TestStand UIs in LabVIEW

15:24 - Kabul Maharjan - Improve UX Using Subpanels

15:32 - Chris Woodhams - Using Third Party Add Ons in LabVIEW

That's more technical content than you'll know what to do with!

I will be videoing but not streaming on the day, I'll also be compering and asking stupid questions. We'll also be trying to smuggle beer in (by we I mean James Powell and me)

Come and say hello, I'm not as scary as I look.

Much Love

Steve Watts

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Comments
Swinders

All the best bits of a LabvIEW User Group in one place. Some great presenters, going to be a great event. Going to get there early and hopefully there will be enough space for everyone.

See you there Smiley Happy

Steve Swindley (CLA since Feb 2008)
swatts
Active Participant

I hope it will, I'm quite invested in it. Thanks for being my first comment in the new era of Rambling.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Jacobson-ni
NI Employee (retired)

Silly question but where exactly is the new home of Random Ramblings (aka where am I right now)?

I clicked on an email link but even though it says I'm in Home > Community Home > Blogs > Community Blogs > Random Ramblings if I click the Random Ramblings link it doesn't show this new entry, just all the ones before it in the same "old" location. You sure this isn't like Milton from Office Space where they're moving you downstairs Smiley Tongue?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
swatts
Active Participant

Hi Matt

Back in the day we were located in another dark and dusty corner of ni.com.

My link says https://forums.ni.com/t5/Random-Ramblings-on-LabVIEW/bg-p/4012

You are here as they say on street maps.

rambnav.png

I think I'm missing something in my answer tho' matey.

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Jacobson-ni
NI Employee (retired)

Okay I wan't looking at dates. I just got an automated email saying you were moving to a new spot and saw that you were still in the same place without realizing I was bumping a 3 year old post. I'm not sure how I made that mistake given the title has the date in it.

swatts
Active Participant

I'm interested in that automated email, is it something I should be aware of I wonder?

With my current workload I reckon my NIWeek 2019 review will appear in 2021!

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Jacobson-ni
NI Employee (retired)

Says "NIAdmin (Community Team) edited an article..."