cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lots of News!

swatts
Active Participant

Hello Darlings.

Lots of News for you this time round, so let's get to it!

If we've been doing our jobs correctly you will hopefully be aware that the GDevCon#2 tickets are now for sale. Get your tickets here.

We're having to pay a bit more for a larger venue with indoor space and  to make the organisation sustainable we'd like for Jenny to be paid, Up to now it's been totally voluntary, but it's beginning to take a considerable amount of time.

If you want to hear more about GDevCon I suggest you go and listen to Jonos Quick Drop Podcast Episode 5.0. It was fun to do and I think you get a feel for the team dynamic and why we do it.

Got a lot of travelling coming up, hopefully you'll come and say hi!

Next week I'm off to Amsterdam to the NER NI Alliance Meeting. Where I'm expecting to cause some trouble.

Early April brings the eCLA summit in Kracow Poland.....I LOVE POLAND! Not presenting this year, so you'll find me at the bar.

And from Mid-May I'll be in the USA (Denver-Albuquerque-Truth or Consequences-El Paso-Austin)

And that neatly brings me on to NIWeek

I'll be updating 2 presentations for NIWeek, if the timetable doesn't change I'll be doing Lean LabVIEW first and Immediacy and Debugging after (although this is being renamed to something more jaunty).

These are major reworkings of presentations I've done before and I've included some new ideas and concepts into both. More details to come.

If all goes to plan I'll also be having some of my code in the Expo Hall. Licensed through Sierra Peaks<-- go see their stand, they do some great work!

Graphs.png

Here you can see 7 PXI racks stuffed with 5160s acting as 1 scope!. Which is something you won't see every day.

I've had the privilege to be asked by Fabiola to review some chapters for the new edition of LabVIEW Graphical Programming. If the rest of the book is as informative and comprehensive as the chapters I read everyone is in for a treat. I know she's put her heart and soul into it too!

Finally work.. Brexit has had an effect, but the year is beginning to tick along quite nicely now. Got a truck that fires lasers into clouds, some interesting maritime and defence stuff and lots of digitizer work. We live for another year!

I'm now watching the tickets roll in (6 in 7 minutes!)

Lots of love and hopefully see you on my travels

Steve

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Comments
a_gleichman

When's the book come out? I need a better text for the LabVIEW class I teach as my local community college.

swatts
Active Participant

Likely by the year end, it's at the copy editors now I think.

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

FabiolaDelaCueva
Active Participant

Steve,

It will be nice to see you again! I hope that you do stop by some of the presentations at CLA Summit when you get a break from the bar ;). At least, stop by my presentation 😉

@swatts wrote:

I've had the privilege to be asked by Fabiola to review some chapters for the new edition of LabVIEW Graphical Programming. If the rest of the book is as informative and comprehensive as the chapters I read everyone is in for a treat. I know she's put her heart and soul into it too!

Thanks for the plug for the book. We are waiting for the copy edit, I have heard that editors tend to have lots of opinions, and we will have to address them. If everything goes well and according to plan, the book should be out in October of this year, maybe earlier than that. 

I am a firm believer in underpromising and over-delivering... you are not helping me here with that!

Good luck in all of your future endeavors!

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?