Labels
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LabVIEW for the Internet Age

swatts
Active Participant

It's about time LabVIEW caught up with all things internet so here's a preview of the next great thing happening to our favorite language..

Introducing CatVIEW.....

CatVIEW.jpg

Notice the box like structure indicative of a while loop. No cat icon will be able to resist it.

Wool.png

Wire up your hilarious cat icons with the wool tool.

With CATView you'll be feline great every day!

Lots of Love

Steve

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Comments
Thoric
Trusted Enthusiast

You have too much time on your hands Steve. Do we use catnip for execution highlighting? Would certainly slow all those cats down enough to watch them tracing the wool.

I do like the Matrix to Array icon! That should be adopted for real.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Elijah_K
Active Participant

Is this because I said we need more kittens in LabVIEW? http://www.wimp.com/theexpert/

Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
justACS
Active Participant

We have the entire sum of accumulated LabVIEW knowledge at our fingertips here.  You use it to post cute pictures of cats.

FabiolaDelaCueva
Active Participant

You were a little early for April's fools day... love it!

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
swatts
Active Participant

That was a very strange coincidence that solidified the idea in my head. I actually stole it from this podcast http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/timc where they talked about the only way to get kids into programming was to base a language on hilarious cat pictures.....

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

swatts
Active Participant

It was just in time in Australia (I guess)

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

GregPayne

Would putting a mouse with a cat in the box result in a broken run arrow? Oh and I think you need to add a laser pointer to the functions pallette, cats love those.

swatts
Active Participant

This video is scary.........

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Elijah_K
Active Participant

It was actually Fab that I first saw post it on facebook

Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community