cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Component Builder

swatts
Active Participant

Howdie Doodie Lovelies

Here's a bit of scripting that I lashed together to generate what we call components (what others call action engines). It's quite useful to us and the link elsewhere has gone missing.

See you in Madrid, CLA summit here we come!

Sorry bit rushed for more words

Love Steve

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Comments
SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Any chance of a LV2014 version for us lesser mortals?  Scratch that, I borrowed a machine from a colleague!

swatts
Active Participant

I was just too slow this morning!

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

I should have got off my butt before asking for a LV2014 version. 

I have had a quick look, you guys take consistency and repeatability to a whole new level, nice one.  

I had a play a while ago creating a QD shortcut that allows me to save the state of a VI (starting icon image, connector pane, things like that) as a sort of template and then to load that saved state into new VIs as I need them but I hadn't considered doing it to the level your builder does.  I think my shortcut may be due a revision....... or ten.

swatts
Active Participant

The best use I've got from it, is when I was creating a new instrument driver from the PDF manual.

Cut and paste from PDF, bit of formatting, load file and all commands and comments sorted.

Enforcing standards by making life easier is the key!

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

...you didn't automate the reading from PDF?....slacker Smiley Very Happy

FabiolaDelaCueva
Active Participant

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing this. I could not get my old link to the original posting. Now I know where to find it next time I need to show it. 

I use it as an example of how the Component Builder is a good example of a team investing in their technical wealth 🙂

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
swatts
Active Participant

No Problem, glad it's of use.

I really should aim to make it a micro-service and finish it off at some point.

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile