From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading DDS partitions

I am trying to write a LabVIEW program that reads DDS messages from an already running / established program.  The program sends out messages on a partition, and I can't get LabVIEW to read (or write) on any partition other than the default no partition.  I have a QoS xml file that appears to be working otherwise with the partition tag in it.

In troubleshooting, I have used the shapes demo (the canned RTI writer with the LabVIEW reader) and published 2 shapes (a red and blue square).  The blue square is on partition B and the red square is not on a partition.  No matter what I do with the QoS, LabVIEW always sees the red square and never sees the blue square.  I examined the wireshark read request messages sent by both LabVIEW and another instance of the RTI shapes demo and noticed that the RTI one contains a "PID_PARTITION" field (with the "B" as a data element within it), however, the LabVIEW read request message does not contain the "PID_PARTITION" field.  

What am I doing wrong, and how do I get LabVIEW to read partitions?

LabVIEW 2017, RTI DDS Toolkit 2.1.1.106, RTI 5,3.1 (for shapes demo and from what I'm told, the other program I need to interface with)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,950 Views)

Hi Jeff,

As partitions are part of the publisher and subscriber QoS, they are affected by a bug which affects RTI DDS Toolkit 2.0.0 and 2.1.1 which avoid loading publisher and subscriber QoS. This will be fixed for the following release.

Thanks,

Angel.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,922 Views)