RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for information on associating controls with existing IDL definitions

This might be a simple question but I couldn't find existing information on the forums or in the documentation so my apologize if I missed something.

We are currently trying to integrate a LabView application using the RTI DDS Toolkit with a 3rd party pre-existing application that uses DDS. IDL's for the custom data types are provided. I have found how to generate .idl files from controls using the ComplexType generator but I'm having a hard time finding information on how to go the other way (take an .idl and emit a .ctl).

Is it possible to just draw a control that has the same memory layout and have it work as long as the type names match and the topic/domain are correct on the reader/writer?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,731 Views)

Hi dstephen 

Unfortunately, we do not provide any way to convert an idl into a ctl. You have to do it manually. It is possible to create a ctl equivalent to and idl, you only need to use the LabVIEW equivalent types. You can find them in the Getting Started Guide (available by clicking on Help->RTI DDS Toolkit->Open Getting Started Guide) Appendix C Supported Data Types and Corresponding IDL. 

For setting the arrays sized and strings lengths refer to the Getting Started Guide section 6.2 "Types with a Specific String Size" and section 3.4.3 "Preventing 'Type Code Incorrect' Error when Working with Arrays". Also, have a look at section 4.6 "Lesson 6—Used Nested and Multiple Keys".

Those indications are for RTI DDS Toolkit 2.2.0. If you have a different version section numbers might be different.

Regards

Ismael

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,712 Views)