ROS for LabVIEW(TM) Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with message type

Hello,

I am currently working on the project associated with the traction system of the mobile robot. The traction system itself is developed in ROS. I was given a task to connect it with some sonars which software is developed in LabVIEW. I decided to choose package ROS-to-LabVIEW.

However, I faced with some troubles when trying to make the code work. When I try to publish some data to the correct topic it just doesn't react though data type is right and rqt_plot shows that the Master actually sees the publisher. And when I use rostopic echo command I recieve nothing as well.

Could anyone help what might be the problem?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,903 Views)

If you read the ROS/Tutorials/MultipleMachines  page of wiki ros, the section When something goes wrong  probably describes the cause of your problem.

It seems if you have multiple network adapters (for example VMware Network Adapters) setting of ROS_IP is needed.

I have not found a way to set the ROS environment variables in Labview. There is only a pop up to set ROS_MASTER_URI. 

In contrast, in Matlab robotic toolbox that supports ROS, you can set ROS_IP, ROS_MASTER_URI, etc.

As a workaround try to disable all your network adapters and only keep the one with which you connect to the Master target. Also be cautious about firewall settings.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,860 Views)