ROS for LabVIEW(TM) Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing ROS for the FIRST Robotics Competition

Hello ROSforLabview folks, On behalf of our lead mentor for FRC Team 900, I'd like to share this post detailing our work with ROS for FIRST Robotics Competition. We used ROSforLabview to make this possible so thank you for your work in making this available for groups like ours! Please visit our robotics team at team900.org if you'd like more information about our team. Here is the post: For the past 11 years I've had the pleasure of mentoring some of the smartest students in North Carolina at an amazing school in Durham, NC. The students participate in a yearly robotics challenge known as the FIRST Robotics Competition. They work tirelessly each year to build and program a ~150lb robot to play in that year's game. This past year we took up the challenge of adding ROS to our robot for control and we had some early success that we're now sharing with the larger community - just in time for ROSCon too! (I wish we were there presenting - perhaps next year). The white paper is available as a PDF here: https://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/download/5169 The code is available on GitHub here: https://github.com/FRC900/2017VisionCode Zebravision 5.0 is a radical departure from previous paradigms of robot software architecture and completes the computer vision team’s take over of team 900 on the whole :slightly_smiling_face: The work centered around the implementation of ROS or Robot Operating System into the team’s overall software framework. The main goal was to improve the facility of Jetson to RoboRio communication but ROS represents much more than that. This leap in software interfacing not only allows the two systems to communicate in a dynamic manner, but also lays the foundation for sophisticated control paradigms built upon the open source ROS framework. This distributed computation model will allow advanced work on robot sensor processing, motion planning, environment perception, localization, and mapping. This is our work and we hope you all enjoy it! As always, if you have any questions then we'll be answering them. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,977 Views)