From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

ROS for LabVIEW(TM) Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can see topics but no data

Hello everybody,

I’m trying to communicate the publisher on Labview from my PC (Windows 10), with ROS (Melodic) on a Raspberry Pi 3 with a Ubuntu SO (18.04). Obviously, the master is running on Raspberry Pi. The two of them are connected with wifi and can communicate through ssh. If I ping each other, it works. But then, when I run the Publisher on Labview, from Raspberry Ubuntu terminal I can see the topic, with “rostopic list”, but then with “rostopic echo” I can’t see anything. So then I try to ping the node publishing on Labview with “rosnode ping”, but it says: “ERROR: Communication with node[http://169.254.201.168:50436] failed!”. I’ve already done everything they say in other similar questions, I’ve edited the etc/host file on my PC adding the Ubuntu hostname and IP, and I’ve done the same on Ubuntu, adding my PC hostname and IP. I’ve turned off firewalls on Windows. I’ve exported ROS_MASTER_URI and ROS_IP. I don’t know what to do. Any idea?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,563 Views)

Did you set up /etc/hosts by any chance ? Usually if you can see the topic but not their content it is related to name resolution error that need to be fixed by specifying hosts in /etc/hosts.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(692 Views)