RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform recording in NI RFSA phase coherent multi channel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi. I'm using the NI RFSA phase coherent multi channel example VI. How does the record option works? I can't quite figure out how to record waveforms properly and how to look at these recorded waveforms. Sorry, NI is still new to me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(6,657 Views)

Hi margarette,

The example that you're working with allows you to record a signal that you acquire to a file and then use that file for playback generation. According to the block diagram, the Record button causes the VI to enter a Record state and streams acquired data to your disk in an XML file. This file should be saved at the location specified by the Recording Folder Base Path control. From there, you can open the generation project and use that file in Playback mode. But the data for the waveforms you acquired should be stored in those files. Does that help answer your questions?

Regards,

Joe S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(6,641 Views)

Hello! Thanks for replying. I've tried to specify an XML file at the Folder Base Path control but an error occurs. It says something like "LabVIEW General error". What could be the reason for this?Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(6,629 Views)

margarette,

You mentioned specifying a file, but the VI wants a folder. When the window prompt asks you to locate the file, use the Current Folder button in the bottom right to give LabVIEW the folder destination instead. Also, please always be as specific as possible with error messages so we have a better understanding of your issue.

KyleP

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(6,613 Views)

Hello Kyle. Thanks for your help! I was already able to record my waveform. Now my problem is generating the waveform in playback mode. Is it right to specify the RECORD METADATA (xml document)? 'Cause when I'm doing this an error says that XML value text is illegal or out of range for type and/or format. The screenshot of the error is attached. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(6,597 Views)

Does this happen with every record you try and generate, or only one specific file?

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(6,577 Views)

I tried it with two files that I recorded and the same thing happens.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(6,575 Views)

Hello! I have additional question. To regenerate the recorded waveform, where should I really specify the XML file? Is it in the 'Data File Path' or in the 'Record.xml File Path'? I attached the front panel picture. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(6,561 Views)

Hello,

Looking at the block diagram it is going to be the latter, Record .xml File Path. Look at case 22 of the case structure.

Thank you,

Vimal Fernandez || Applications Engineer  || National Instruments || (512)683-1781 || Vimal.Fernandez@ni.com 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(6,533 Views)
Thanks! I've already tried several times but the same error (the one I previously posted) still occurs. How can I solve this issue? I will upload the recorded xml file. I really need your help. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(6,527 Views)