From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niVNA 5632 missing functions compared to Soft Front Panel

Its pretty disappointing to find the LabVIEW driver for the niVNA platform is missing several functions the soft front panel has. Even using the property node I cant find certain functions.

Lets start with basics: Sweep averaging and Averaging Restart. With the soft front panel I can enable sweep averaging. You can issue a trigger but to get a new measurement you need to Restart Averaging. This functions similar to Agilent VNAs.

Questions:

1.Does anyone have sample code they can share that shows how the proper use of averaging is done?(LV 2013 please). Not a single sample program has this ability. I can set averaging count, type, but LV is missing the Average Restart function. Maybe there is another way to accomplish this

2. to NI: The VNA platform has been out for years.....when will 100% of the functions of the Soft Front panel be programmable within LV?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,399 Views)

Hey Baokim,

Have you seen the forum post linked below about the same question? It has a possible workaround outlined to perform the same functions as the Averaging Restart in the SFP. Have you tried the solution in here? Also, the lack of 1:1 mapping between the SFP and the API is not uncommon with our RF drivers. If you dig into the RFSA SFP, you will find there are not necessarily 1:1 mappings within the API. I'm not aware if there is an update planned for the VNA API to change this but for RFSA, the newer analysis API called RFmx should have an SFP that maps more closely 1:1 with its API.

niVNA 5632 missing functions compared to Soft Front Panel

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,374 Views)