RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving measurements from PXIe 5644R

We have the PXIe 5644R device. I am using the RFSA and RFSG front panels to do some measurements. I can press on the Meas button to get the measurement I want. However, I want to save the measurement to a file. How can I do that? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,111 Views)

Hello mhammouda,

I hope you are having a great day. First and foremost, we need to verify the version of NI RFSA/NI RFSG that you have. The information below is sent assuming you have 16.0 installed. I mention this in case some things differ from older versions to the most recent one. 

If you would like to save the trace data on a file from the RFSA soft front panel, then we will need to use the Export button. Once you do that, you just need to select the file extension you would like to have. Please take a look at the following link.

Now, what gets me confused on your question is if you are looking to do the same from the NI RFSG soft front panel. I believe that the best option that you can do in the generation part, is saving the configuration and when you need to use it again, you can just recall that configuration.

I hope this information helps you get the answer you needed.  

Regards,

Luis Calderon

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,050 Views)

Thanks a lot for your reply. I tried what you mentioned. However, that is not what I am looking for. What I want to do is to save a specific measurement over time. For example I wasnt to save the measered channel power over a time span of 1minute. That is what I want to do. Is there any way I can do that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,045 Views)

The measurement exporting from the soft front panel is pretty limited, it's meant more for quick snapshots rather than real customizable data logging. If you wanted to configure a measurement and then acquire it over a span of time, you'd need to use the RFSA driver. For an easier time, RFmx Spectral Analysis (http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/212687) even includes pre-built examples for measuring channel power, in C, .NET, CVI and LabVIEW.

Regards,

Cason

NI App. Engr, CLD

Cassandra Longley
Senior Technical Support Engineer - FlexRIO, High Speed Serial and VRTS
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,037 Views)