From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-5661

Hi.

I'm testing the PXI-5661 & there sum question

1) How Can to Perform Modulation Measurement with the device, an Example will help.  

2) How to set the video bandwidth?

3) Frequency measurements –

·        Is there especial 'VI' that measuring freq?

·        what is the accuracy formula of the measured freq?

DAVID.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,612 Views)

Hi David,

I believe I can help to answer your questions:

1.      We do offer the Modulation Toolkit which seems to be the tool that you are requesting. Examples do ship with the RFSA driver and can be found at Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-RFSA>>Examples. I suggest taking a look at the demo panel.

2.      Video bandwidth is a specification associated with the CRT displays of older spectrum analyzers. We are a digital FFT based vector signal analyzer without a CRT display so video bandwidth is a spec that doesn't directly translate. Spectrum averaging is equivalent in the sense that it smoothes the display.

3.      There are basic measurements performed in the example programs I mentioned earlier, however if more detailed analysis is needed you may consider the spectral measurements toolkit. With regard to the accuracy the specifications document contains this information. Page 2/39 begins the frequency characteristics of your device.

I hope this helps clear things up!

JaceD
Signal Sources Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,592 Views)