From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 5661 Replacement

I developed a system with the PXI-5660 and later upgraded it to use the PXI-5661 (when they discontinued the PXI-5620 digitizer). Today I see that the PXI-5661 last order date is 11/30/21.

I have a customer that wants to buy several systems over the next few years (first probably Jan 2022), so I need to upgrade again. Since we need to go as low as 2 MHz (the PXIe-5663 starts at 10 MHz), the logical choice (minimizing the redevelopment effort) is the PXIe-5665, but it's lifecycle state is "Mature" (meaning a few years from obsolete) and it's about $18K more expensive than the PXI-5661. Is there another option with a longer future lifecycle and/or closer to the cost point of the PXI-5661?

Thanks,
Ken

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,924 Views)

It is probably best to consult with NI Sales team at company level since your test system product depends on it.

Looks like no current VST offerings are in the price range of 5661.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,876 Views)