RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI VST Compatibility with RF Measurement Suits and toolkits

Dear all

I Hope this message finds you all well

I need to know more about the compatibility of NI Vector Signal Transceivers (VST) with the available RF Measurement Suits.

The below information is what I have gathered so far , since there is no compatibility chart available to help : 

NI WiMAX Measurement suit (Not Compatible with VST):

In the Datasheet , It is mentioned that the compatibile hardware is 

RF vector signal generators  : NI PXIe-5673 and NI PXIe-5673E 

RF vector signal analyzers : NI PXIe-5663  and NI PXIe-5663E )

NI GSM/EDGE measurement Suit : (Compatible with VST).

NI WCDMA/HSPA+ Measurement Suit  : (Compatible with VST)

NI LTE Measurement Suit : (Compatible with VST)

In the Datasheet of all the 3 measurment suits (they are only one Measurement suit called NI Cellular High performance Test system) , it is mentioned that they are compatible with the NI VST Hardware

NI Wireless LAN Measurment Suit : (Compatible with VST)

In The Datasheet of the WLAN Measurement Suit , the VST is mentioned as a compatible hardware.

NI Bluetooth Measurement Suit : (Not Compatible with VST)

In it's Datasheet , it is mentioned that "The NI Bluetooth Measurement Suite is a software-defined approach to Bluetooth testing. With this solution, you can generate and acquire Bluetooth signals using vector signal generators (VSGs) and vector signal analyzers (VSAs)." , No VST was mentioned 

NI GNSS Toolkit : (Not Compatible with VST)
In it's catalog page , nothing is mentioned but the NI PXIe-5672 RF Vector Signal Generator

Kindly I need confirmation about the above data , since I am not sure about it . in addition , some white papers are mentioning that the VSTs can be used with the RFSG and RFSA APIs , does that mean that the Measurement suits and toolkits supporting RFSA and RFSGs only will work on the VSTs as well ? 

Thanks in advance

Eng. Mohammed Ashraf
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
InnoVision Systems Founder, RF Test Development Engineer
www.ivsystems-eg.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,806 Views)

Hi Mohammed,

I'm not aware of any RF toolkits that are not compatible with a VST, but I will research this further and let you know what I find out.

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,784 Views)

Hi Mohammed,

I've spoken with R&D and determined that the NI Bluetooth Measurement Suite is VST compatible.  The NI GNSS Toolkit is also VST compatible, but only through the VST Instrument Design Library and not through the NI-RFSG driver.  The NI WiMAX Measurement Suite is not VST compatible.  

Hopefully this information is helpful! 

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 5
(7,748 Views)

Is the Bluetooth toolkit compatible with any or all VSG and VSAs?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,393 Views)

I found more information on the 'NI Bluetooth Measurement Suite' which is also referred to as the 'Bluetooth Test Toolkit' which basically is composed of the following toolkits (confused yet?). More than just the VST is supported.

From the Bluetooth Generation Toolkit 17.0 Read Me

Supported Hardware

• NI PXIe-5673E
  • NI PXIe-5644R
  • NI PXIe-5645R
  • NI PXIe-5646R
  • NI PXIe-5840

From the Bluetooth Analysis Toolkit 17.0 Read Me

Supported Hardware

• NI PXIe-5663E
  • NI PXIe-5644R
  • NI PXIe-5645R