From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure PSRR using PNA or PNA-X

I am trying to measure Power Supply rejection for a diffrential amplifier using a PNA-X (Agilent 5245a). The problem I am running in to is determing the peak-to-peak voltage level off the PNA. My understand, and given I am relatively new to using this PNA, is that it only displays in power level (dBm) and not voltage. I can set up traces to convert power level to RMS voltage to peak voltage to peak-to-peak voltage however this is not an exact science especially when dealing with frequencies > 10GHz due to noise, cal issues, etc. 

I guess my question to the masses is, does anyone know of a good way of measuring PSR/PSRR from the PNA?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,265 Views)

Hi pdpeterson87,

Have you tried using the Peak-to-Peak Voltage VI?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373270A-01/lvjitterphtk/peak_to_peak_voltage/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,235 Views)

That looks very useful, I've never seen that VI. I don't think my company paid for the package that it's contained in which is probably why. That could be a solution but I would also have to check that the network analyzer has a VI that would allow me to digitize the signal which I would have to assume that it does.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,232 Views)