From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5644R Maximum Delay Capability

Dear Members,

I am currently finding out solutions to implement 75ps delay in two CWS in 5644R. I want to know what is minimum delay supported in 5644R so that I should go to alternative. I am not able to find out answer. Kindly give calculative reason is it possible to implement ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,886 Views)

Hi Zarrar,

Are you trying to create a 75ps delay between the two CW signals or are you trying to take in two CW signals, delay them by 75ps then transmit them again?

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,839 Views)

Hi,

I want to create deley between two CWS. I am using shipping example currently. There are two 5644R, one CW should be delay from other by 75ps. Is it possible to add this delay.I am asking for 1 week please reply

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,836 Views)

How are you generating the signals?

What shipping example are you using?

Michael Bilyk
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,826 Views)

HI,

I using example attached, I want to generate two cws. One should be delayed from other by 75ps. I want to know is it possible in 5644R with syncronization to achieve it? Please provide solution and guidance. If you have relevant example do share. I tested this VI but delay between both CWS was 499ps. I need phase control so that I can adjust it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,821 Views)

Hi Zarrar,

That is an interesting application. If all else fails you can put the devices in ARB mode and generate the correct waveforms at the correct wave offset. I'll have to look into this further on Monday.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Bilyk
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,800 Views)

If you want to generate an arbitrary waveform you can do so using the RFSG Multiple Arbitrary Waveforms.vi as a guide. You can find this in Help » Find Examples. From there go to Hardware Input and Output. Modular Instruments » NI-RFSG » Arbitrary Waveforms. You can also look around at those examples to see if anything else fits your need.

You may also want to utilize the Phase Offset Property in RFSG. I don't know what frequency you are trying to generate, but if your period is large enough than you can set a Phase Offset of your CW such that it is 75ps from the CW generated from another device. Either way you should try to verify these two signals on a third device to adjust the delay between the two.

Michael Bilyk
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,780 Views)