From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewire Error Case Structure

This Quick Drop shortcut will take a case structure that contains an error tunnel and re-wire the error tunnel to the selector tunnel, turning the case structure into an error case structure.

qd4.png

To install this simply copy the VI and subfolder to the <LabVIEW>\resource\dialog\QuickDrop\plugins directory.

To run it, simply press Ctrl-Space and then Ctrl-/.

To modify the key combination, press Ctrl-Space, click "Shortcuts..." and then navigate to the "Ctrl-key shortcuts" tab.

For more useful Quick Drop plugins, see the Quick Drop Enthusiasts community group.

Message 1 of 7
(10,331 Views)

This shortcut is great.  Can you post a version saved in LabVIEW 2010?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,171 Views)

This has some limitations, have a look at JKI's (Philippe Guerit) RCF version it works better.

I have updated this QD plugin myself to use the method Philippe's version does it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,171 Views)

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for the heads up.  I realized after using this for some time that there were some unexplained problems that I didn't have time to look into and fix.  I'd definitely be interested in seeing your update.  However I downloaded the current attachment and it looks exactly like my original.  What part did you change?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,171 Views)

No I didn't change it, I did even know that I could, can I?
I just took your code and replaced the BD content of your sub VI "Reconnect wires.vi", and put in JKI's VI:

"JKI\RCF\Plugins\Wire Error Case Structure\_jki_lib_rcf_wire_error_case_structure.llb\Wire Error Case Structure - Wire Error Case Structure__jki_lib_rcf_wire_error_case_structure.vi"

It was that easy.

BTW, have you looked at my post on Lava: http://lavag.org/topic/16784-how-to-get-your-team-members-aster-lv-developers/ ?

//Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,171 Views)

Very delayed, sorry I haven't been monitoring my "Forums" folder in my inbox. 

You can actually edit the document if you wanted to and update it with the changed code.  If you have the time/interest go for it, otherwise I can play around with it once NIWeek blows over and I have more time.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,171 Views)

I didn't know I could edit it.

I guess I need JKI's permission to use part of their code in the solution I'm using.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,171 Views)