Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Plugin: Move Block Diagram Contents to Origin

This plugin comforts me in my OCD by moving everything on the block diagram to the origin (ofset by eight pixels from the top/left corner).

1. Put the attached file into your <LabVIEW>\resource\dialog\QuickDrop\plugins folder
  2. Press Control-Space-Control-k
  3. Observe your code move from where you put it to a point that you can't see.
  4. Watch the Block Diagram window shrink around your code. <added 2013.07.22>

Note: this will only work in LabVIEW 2012, for now.  I tried saving it back to 9.0 but couldn't get a reference to the block diagram and couldn't select all of the objects.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,924 Views)

This one has been on my short list to make for a long time.

Thank you doing this for all of us.

Anything I can pluck from your list you've been wanting and do for ya?    

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,432 Views)

The Select All doesn't exist in 2011 either.  I've had a plugin that does this and way more.  I've become more OCD when I realized I could manipulate certain things.

My plugin Move the terminal labels to the sides, sizes the window to fit the code, centers the code in that window, shifts everything to have the origin at (0,0), sends all error wires to the back, and does a wire cleanup.  Works with 2011.  I admit that I grabbed code from other plugins out there to accomplish this.

I'll have to experiment with your implementation to see if it works better than mine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,432 Views)

I added shrinking the BD window around the code, but I'm not super-pleased with the constants I added to the bounds:

QD_MoveToOrigin_BD.png

It works for what I've tested this morning; I'll see if it works all the time.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,432 Views)

deleted..

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,432 Views)

Works very well except for labels that I pull to the left on Controls are not accounted for in the "leftmost" calculation. Even with this (very minor) issue, this is a huge timesaver as I too like to start at the Origin with both my front panels AND my block diagrams, and it's ruined when you use the "Create sub-VI (from selection)" function.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,432 Views)

I've tweaked it to add support for labels, and gave it a bit more padding around the adjusted BD size.  I saved for LV 12 from 13, hopefully it works in 12 like the original.  Hope you don't mind JC, but I've edited the original doc to use this new version, making it Version 4 of the doc.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,432 Views)