Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Object Shortcuts for NXG Style Controls

I'm a big fan of the NXG Style Controls added in LabVIEW 2018 (and augmented in LabVIEW 2019). So much so, that I've started using them as the default control style for new VIs that I write. 

To make this easier, I have replaced the Modern controls in my Quick Drop object shortcuts list with NXG Style Controls. My new front panel object shortcuts are in the attached text file below. Just copy the contents of this file into your LabVIEW INI file in place of the existing QuickDropPanelShortcuts entry.

In addition to using these Quick Drop object shortcuts, I've also made a couple of minor edits to the NXG Style .ctl files that these shortcuts reference:

1. vi.lib\NXG_controls\ArrayMatrixCluster\Error In NI_NXG.ctl - Change default label to 'error in'.

2. vi.lib\NXG_controls\ArrayMatrixCluster\Error Out NI_NXG.ctl - Change default label to 'error out'.

3. vi.lib\NXG_controls\Boolean\Checkbox NI_NXG.ctl - Hide boolean text and make the checkbox twice as big.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,975 Views)

Thanks Darren

I also have a small question maybe you or Christina know the answer or know somebody who knows an answer...

2019-05-11 11_01_39-Untitled Project_ - LabVIEW NXG 3.0.2.png

Why are the inc/decr buttons not placed at the same position for numerics and enums in NXG?

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 2 of 4
(2,952 Views)

Hi Albert,

The numeric in LabVIEW NXG has the inc/dec buttons on the right because our designers wanted to match the standard position in Windows.

The LabVIEW ring and enum are a little unusual when compared to other systems - normally selection lists don't have an increment/decrement concept. A drop-down (with the style of the combo box) is more typical. So the designers matched the LabVIEW NXG ring/enum part arrangement to LabVIEW's.

At some point, we'd like to introduce the drop-down style option even when dealing with numeric or enumerated types in LabVIEW NXG.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,900 Views)

Thanks Christina

I already moved the inc dec buttons to the other side. Easy editing in current gen.
And I like it better.
numbers and enumsnumbers and enums
greetings from the Netherlands
Message 4 of 4
(2,885 Views)