Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcut - Open Class

parent class.PNG

You can right click a class object and choose "Show Class Library" but sometimes, all you have is a class wire going between two nodes. You used to have to right click the wire, create a constant, and then right click the constant to show class library, but now you can just select the wire, and this quick drop shortcut will open the class.

Use:

Select class wire, terminal, constant, or control. Or select a subVI with a class terminal.

If nothing is selected, it will try to open the current VI's library.

Default Shortcut - o. (for open class)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,745 Views)

I made it into a shortcut menu plugin and added the ability to operate on either a subvi terminal or a wire (LV2018).

Message 2 of 9
(5,024 Views)

Freaking awesome! Will use it and recommend it to everyone! KUDOS

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,008 Views)

Is it possible to downconvert it to LV2015, to install it across other LV versions?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,003 Views)

Yes, no problem. I don't have 2015 to test with though. If I recall correctly, there might be a small issue with "separating compiled code" so if the shortcut doesn't show up, you might want to uncheck that box.

Also, I was thinking that it should be possible to extend this so you can click on a wire with a type definition and open the .ctl. I'll put that on my "to do" list.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,000 Views)
Message 6 of 9
(4,998 Views)

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely, kosist90.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,987 Views)

Cool plugin!
What would be also nice, is to have there additional option to open Parent Class library - I guess, it'll be also handy.
What do you suggest, please? Is it possible to add it there?

Thanks a lot,

Sincerely, kosist90

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,980 Views)

You might want to post this plugin in the LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins board.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,972 Views)