Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcut - Control Visibility

This shorcut inverts the visibility of the selected controls and indicators (usually to make them hidden).

Holding shift will cause all controls and indicators on the front panel to be made visible.

Default shortcut - V

[update 6/15/2015] - now works from the block diagram as well, select the terminals of the controls / indicators you want to toggle visibility of.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(8,857 Views)

FYI, when you right click on the terminal of the hidden control/indicator on the block diagram you have to option to "Show Control\Indicator"

Untitled.png

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,414 Views)

ah, there is is . I got frustrated by double-clicking the teminal, which highlights the control on the front panel, and as soon as I right clicked, it would disapear again.

thanks for the tip, perhaps I'll tweak this shortcut to make it more useful...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,414 Views)

@Alex5 When I use this shortcut the visibile property of Control/Indicator is not changing. I am using LV-2014. Would you please check this?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,414 Views)

you have to select the controls / indicators on the front panel that you want to make invisible. If you want to make all controls / indicators (and not just the selected ones) visible, hold down shift while applying the shortcut.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(6,414 Views)

I am out of the office until 06/16/2015.

No phone or email access.

Note: This is an automated response to your message "Re: [Quick Drop

Enthusiasts] - Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcut - Control Visibility" sent on

6/15/2015 4:36:28 AM.

This is the only notification you will receive while this person is away.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,414 Views)

Note: This is an automated response to your message "Re: [Quick Drop

6/15/2015 8:16:43 AM.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,414 Views)

Alex5 Ok. Thank you for the reply.

Let's say I made a bunch of controls invisible but I need only one Control to be visible. Then it would be a tedious process. In this case I need to go to the BD and make the control visible.

Whether the control is visible or invisible on the front panel it always appears on the block diagram. I would say doing the operation from the block diagram could be another option. I am just saying because most of the other QuickDrop works from both FP and BD.

May be I am wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,414 Views)

You are right, it would be additionally usefull to be able to run this shortcut from the block diagram. I just uploaded a new version. Now if you select terminals on the block diagram, it will toggle the visibility of their front panel controls. (and shift will make all visible, just like the front panel).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,414 Views)

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Quick Drop

6/15/2015 2:47:59 PM.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,414 Views)