Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcut – Arrange VI Window

@CL_eisenwr wrote:

Ctrl+U does not work on controls, but the quick-drop does resize window.

I don't understand this statement. Bill can you post a VI or screenshots illustrating the behavior you're describing?

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 48
(3,174 Views)

For a typedef or class private data control (basically any .ctl file), the Ctrl+U shortcut does nothing. However the quickdrop Ctrl+F will resize and realign the origin.

(3,147 Views)

@CL_eisenwr wrote:

For a typedef or class private data control (basically any .ctl file), the Ctrl+U shortcut does nothing. However the quickdrop Ctrl+F will resize and realign the origin.

Thanks for the clarification. I see that the Clean Up Panel entry is in the Edit pull-down menu, but it is grayed out for editable VI types that don't have block diagrams. I have filed Bug 1150602 on the issue. For now, the workaround, as you mentioned, is to use Ctrl-Space, Ctrl-F on those VI types.

Message 33 of 48
(3,137 Views)

Hey,

I am working on some automation in my development environment and that includes this plugin.

One of the premises is to detect if the VI was modified or not, but apparently this QD plugin always modify VIs (appearing a * beside the name) independently if it changed something in the VI or not.

This means that for my SCC if I run this QD, save, commit and then later open and run this QD again, it will show as a modified file.

Is there a way to know if something has really changed (programatically) and maybe discard the * ? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 48
(2,980 Views)

Hi Felipe, 

Are you separating your compiled data of the vi? 

You can do this from the vis properties for each vi. Or also apply the change to a whole library or project by going to their properties windows. 

Hope this can help you. 

Guillermo Oviedo
R&D Software Engineer
CLA | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 48
(2,972 Views)

@felipefoz wrote:

Is there a way to know if something has really changed (programatically) and maybe discard the * ? 

If you look at the main plugin VI, you'll see the scripting is wrapped with 'Transaction.Begin Undo' and 'Transaction.End Undo' method calls. These are what add the '*' to the VI. You would need to go into the scripting code and keep track of whether or not anything on the VI was actually changed. If nothing was changed, you'd want to run 'Transaction.Fail' instead of 'Transaction.End Undo' to prevent the VI from getting a modification.

This plugin does *a lot* of scripting, so this wouldn't be terribly easy. But doable. Or undoable, as it were. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 48
(2,960 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, already done that, it helps on the SCC side, but programatically in LabVIEW still shows that the VI is modified, 

I don't know if I made myself clear. To reproduce:

- open any VI, run the quick drop plugin, * will show;

- Save, * will be gone.

- Run it again and then it will show again the *.

I am using this property node to see this:

property node.png

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 48
(2,958 Views)

@Darren  escreveu:

This plugin does *a lot* of scripting, so this wouldn't be terribly easy. But doable. Or undoable, as it were. 😉

😞

I noticed that. I thought of this but I hoped that it would be an easier path. 

Would it be something like reading the properties before writing to them, then comparing?

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 48
(2,957 Views)

@felipefoz wrote:

Would it be something like reading the properties before writing to them, then comparing?

Exactly.

Message 39 of 48
(2,953 Views)

@Darren  escreveu:

@felipefoz wrote:

Exactly.

Thanks.

I just thought of something here to not modify the current plugin, you probably guessed what it is.

If it works I will post here the results of my idea.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 48
(2,950 Views)