From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Configuration Dialog (Plugin)

Hi Darren

What are your thoughts on having a the ability to open a Configuration Dialog for a Quick Drop Plugin?

I.e. an easy way to bring up a UI that was associated with a plugin and was integrated in the QDP framework ala RCF.

This would be a set and forget screen whereby the user could configure settings specific to them (but probably doesn't need to bring up the screen all the time)

I know there has been talk of using Ctrl + Alt + Hotkey in the past for other things?

Can't remember if this was ok to use or not, but that may be an easy way to bring indicate to the Plugin to launch the UI (being associated with the same hotkey)

At this stage, I don't know much of the UI the QDP framework I want it to handle, include saving data to disk, displaying UI in a framework container etc, or how much I would prefer to handle.

At the moment for QDPs that do not have text input, I was thinking that might be a way to launch the UI for now by typing in a keyword then hitting the Hotkey.

Thoughts?

Cheers

-JG

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,446 Views)

Seems like we could add something to the Ctrl-Key Shortcuts configuration dialog for configuring specific shortcuts.  If a shortcut has a configuration dialog available, we would enable a Configure button whenever that shortcut is selected.

I'll file this with my list of improvement ideas.  Thanks.

-D

Message 2 of 3
(3,800 Views)

I like the sound of that use case.

Cheers

-JG

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,800 Views)