From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QDKS - State Machine from Enum

I am kind of emo to post my first QD here. I figured this one would be of use for quite a bunch of developers.

Goal :

Pretty much everyone uses state machines as this is a rather basic but efficient design pattern that can be mixed together with others DPs. Whichever the platform (RT, FPGA, Win), an application will most likely include a state machine (or more!).

First thing : create the enum that will describe the states of the machine. Yeah well, with this QDKS, that's roughly the only thing you will need to do.

How-To :

- Copy the attached QD VI to the usual directory.

- Configure its key (S is fine !)

- Select an enum terminal or constant in your BD. Make sure there is some free space at the right of the enum.

- Ctrl+Space Ctrl+Key. You've earned a state machine corresponding to the enum items.

Before and after using the QDKS :

Before_QD.png          After_QD.png

Hopefully this will make y'all earn some repetitive seconds...

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

Download All
Message 1 of 6
(10,277 Views)

Hello Eric,

What is the default short cut key to place the state machine through Quick drop? And if there is none, what should I type in the Quick drop window to find it? I am using LabVIEW 2010 and later versions.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Chetan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,366 Views)

Hi Chetan,

There were a few issues with the 2010 version of the plugin. I updated it (and renamed it) so that it would work properly in 2010. Please download the new 2010 plugin and give it a try.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,367 Views)

Hello Darren,

It worked. Thanks and have a great day.

Regards,

Chetan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,368 Views)

You can bring VIs with you to exams now?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,368 Views)

Ofcourse Not

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,369 Views)