Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QD Shortcut Quick Editor (LabVIEW.ini)

I've written this VI to make it easier for me to ease my way into using QD.

I started my QD adventure by pasting Darren's shortcuts into my LabVIEW.ini file but I haven't had success using it.  His shortcuts don't fit my way of thinking (besides, there are too many for me to remember).  This tool started when I wanted a way to quickly see what I have in my ini file then grew to a desire to edit it without having to browse to the file and open it in an editor.

Features:

• set to run when opened
  • opens the LabVIEW.ini file specified in the FP path control (you may need to change its default value for your file system) and populates the FP controls with the BD and FP shortcuts.
  • makes a backup copy of your ini file every time it opens (deleted it if you haven't made any changes) to preserve a history.
  • checks to ensure that you haven't duplicated any shortcuts.
  • LabVIEW instantly "knows" that a change has occurred (why is this?) - no need to restart.
  • built on the JKI State Machine.

Add/Edit/Delete shortcuts as you wish, then click on "Save/Exit" to update your file with the changes or click "Cancel" or Panel Close (red "X") to close without saving.  I put this in my LabVIEW/Project directory to keep it handy.

Is this useful?  Have I reinvented a wheel?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,496 Views)

Is there some reason the Quick Drop Shortcuts dialog didn't fit the bill?

qd_shortcuts.png

-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,383 Views)

Nope.   I just never looked that far down on the dialog.  Glad it didn't take very long to write...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,384 Views)